Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tanto knife found in jungle wreckage site of Mitsubishi G3Nell bomber

Article about: Sorry but i call BS on this one. - DL

Default Tanto knife found in jungle wreckage site of Mitsubishi G3Nell bomber

Hi... together with some friends, we found the remains of a Mitsubishi G3Nell bomber in then jungles of Pahang, Malaysia... apparently it was one of the many jap planes that attacked and sunk pride of Britain's 2 navy warships in 1941.
    I brought back a small knife - i believe its a Tanto knife..whatever its called.
    Im just wondering what to do with this good conditioned knife - sell it? But how?
    Maybe just keep it? For how long? Or maybe just throw it into a river or a lake something....etc etc...
    Its got leather handle and scabbard. Blade still feels sharp and a few light rusty feeling here and there. Found some spectacle frames, leather helmets, boots and the machine guns were also there though damaged extensively but thanx to the swamp that hid most of the wreckage...not much were really rusty.
    Anyone can help me to establish what type of swords or knives japanese pilots carried during world war 2 bombing missions please?

Also have found in the past wreckages of two B 17 Liberators and a few unidentified wreckages in separate locations deep in the jungles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tanto knife found in jungle wreckage site of Mitsubishi G3Nell bomber  

?

Default Re: Tanto knife found in jungle wreckage site of Mitsubishi G3Nell bomber

Im absolutely amazed that the leather hasnt been eaten away by insects or birds as well as the leather helmets and boots, id like to see more photos of this knife, whole blade , both sides, the wooden scabbard, which is another amazing recovery as wood is one of the first things to rot away in damp swampy surroundings, this looks almost untouched

?

Default Re: Tanto knife found in jungle wreckage site of Mitsubishi G3Nell bomber

Unbelievable.....
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

you have taken the words right out of my mouth zwerge and dave truly is amazing feat of(i can't find the sarcastic button)

tom

If you are not sure what to do with it, you could
    mail it to me for safe keeping.........

..... !
    Regards,

Steve.

Will definitely try and get a much closer pic of this Tanto knife - the thing about the jungle is that if anything s still in water or wet mud - the condition of anything steel will usually be OK. Infact I remembered seeing the big red dot on one of the wings...looks good even under water. Im planning another trek soon to a reportely wreckage of an old DC3 that slammed into one of the mountains near Taiping in Perak. Besides this Tanto, I also managed to get or rather persuade a friend's grandmother in Terezen, Czech Republic to hand over a german helmet. I will take pics of it and would be glad if anyone could tell me if its the real thing or not..:-))

Love to see more photos of the Tanto, and the German
    helmet when you recieve it.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I believe forrestgump should be spelled with 2r`s to be correct.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Zwerge

No matter how it's spelled, he aint right! Lt. Dan called, he wants his Tanto back. lol Sorry but couldn't resist! You started it, Zwerge! lol

Green

Some additional pictures showing the entire scabbard and blade could assist with identification. Japanese officer aviators were known to carry their swords on missions. This may have belonged to an other ranks on the plane.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast