Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tanto knife found in jungle wreckage site of Mitsubishi G3Nell bomber

Article about: Sorry but i call BS on this one. - DL

Default Re: Tanto knife found in jungle wreckage site of Mitsubishi G3Nell bomber

Sorry but i call BS on this one.

-

DL

Default Re: Tanto knife found in jungle wreckage site of Mitsubishi G3Nell bomber

You are considering throwing into a lake or "something"? Surely if you cared enough about acquiring a German helmet from Europe, you wouldn't even joke about this.

If you aren't full of it, go return the knife to the crash site and learn how to respect the dead.

If it was a legit find, do you mind giving a google earth locstat or pictures of the plane in-stiu?

Call it was what you want bro.....youn havent got it - I have :-)

- - Updated - -

Learn how to respect the dead? U Yanks always seem to think you have the answers! The knife has been sold to a japanese knife collecter from Japan. The site? Now a huge palm oil plantation...definitely not a good place to return the knife, dont you think so, knucklehead?

You planning to swoop down and carry the wreckage away? Let me head there again on a 4WD vehicle and try and get the coordinates, its much easier now as the place has been turned into a huge palm oil plantation...super much easier to get there than wading thro the 4 ft plus deep swamp when we first found the wreckage!

Bad manners and generalizations about people will not be tolerated. If you wish to remain a member, act like an adult in the future.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

go on big bob you tell him

I'm a cynic, but I also call BS

Tanto knife found in jungle wreckage site of Mitsubishi G3Nell bomber

?

Oh, I don't know. I think the possibility of something surviving all that time in a steamy, humid, rotting insect/rodent infested environment and remaining in good condition are quite high, but then again, I have just run out of medication. Again.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

The fact is that it is possible for items to be preserved quite well in silt and mud because of the lack of oxygen. However as long as he is not able to provide more pics i will also call BS on this. The handle and scabbard look in a little too good condition IMHO. Let's see the pics mate. If you have sold it to a collector in Japan i am sure he would have demanded pics at some point. Meaning that you should have some on your PC or SD card.

Regards, Lars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast