Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on this Japanese Flag please

Article about: Hello all, Please could I have some thoughts on this Japanese flag. The one is printed cotton and shows what appears to be service wear, especially to the corner reinforcements, one of which

Default Thoughts on this Japanese Flag please

Hello all,

Please could I have some thoughts on this Japanese flag.

The one is printed cotton and shows what appears to be service wear, especially to the corner reinforcements, one of which is missing.

It measures 34cm x 44cm, a measurement that I have found several other printed cotton examples in.

With no Kanji it's hardly anything special but hopefully it's a safe period original to complement a display.

However, as always, I'm calling on those of you more experienced in the flag collecting field! Thoughts on this Japanese Flag pleaseThoughts on this Japanese Flag pleaseThoughts on this Japanese Flag pleaseThoughts on this Japanese Flag please

Best wishes,

Simon

?

Looks OK to me, but you could probably find one in better condition for not much money.

Thanks, Ryoyo. I couldn't see any issues with it and the cardboard corners are identical to those on wartime souvenir examples I have found.

If I was to get it framed up, what should the orientation be? Most I see have the corner reinforcements at the right hand side but most of the framed examples have writing on.

?

Quote by Simon127 View Post
    If I was to get it framed up, what should the orientation be? Most I see have the corner reinforcements at the right hand side but most of the framed examples have writing on.
    Yosegaki flags (the ones with writing) are indeed usually oriented with tabs on the viewer's right. It's also fine to have them at the top if that works out better for you.

Thanks Ryoyo, I wasn't quite sure. I'll probably have it framed so the tabs are at the top.

It should make for a lovely display piece. I had a horrible - I suspect Seebee-made- one years ago, so it's nice to finally have a semi-decent example.

Best,

Simon