Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Three Flags Being Offered; Your Thoughts?

Article about: Hello all, I came across three flags being offered today for \\$100. This has been a whirlwind week in my militaria world but I'm excited to continue it if these flags look good to you folks.

Default Three Flags Being Offered; Your Thoughts?

Hello all,

I came across three flags being offered today for $100. This has been a whirlwind week in my militaria world but I'm excited to continue it if these flags look good to you folks. The seller appears to be a fellow collector judging from the items visible in the background so I have high hopes. Warmest regards to all.

Not worth the chase. No indication of war time use and too likely to be post war tourist souvenirs. Also framed totally out of proportion and questionable whether whole flag is there and not only a swatch.

Hello all,

I did decide to take a risk on these and thankfully it paid out. It was about a 1.5 hour drive from my home to purchase these at the apartment of the vet's son who was in the process of moving. From what I've gathered these were taken by his dad during his service in the Philippines. His fathers medals and photo are in the process of being displayed at a local restaurant which has a small area dedicated to local veterans. I'm working on getting a copy of that photo to go with the flags. A really nice adventure. Here are some photos of the flags out of their frames. I've placed them in archival storage boxes to prevent any damage. I'm well pleased! Thanks for your wisdom on these and warm wishes.