Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Translation help Mei wanted

Article about: Can anybody help me with this Mei and swordsmith?

Quote by marivo View Post
    Thanks Bob, is it worth to restore??
    You need to have the blade examined in hand by a qualified individual who will give you an honest opinion rather than put his own profit first. There are many polisher pretenders who do not have proper training and should be avoided. If you want recommendations, pm me. Do not consider polishing it if you only intend to resell the piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Personally, being This old of a blade, I would have it restored. But it will be Costly, to say the least. Putting a correct Polish on a blade used to be in the order of $100 per Inch. I have no idea what it would cost today. But, if professionally restored, you are looking at a decent sword worth decent money as well. Whatever you do, do Not attempt any repair or polishing on your own. It is Imperative that it Must be done by a specialized Professional who deals Only in Japanese swords, or else it will be permanently ruined and made worthless forever.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Personally, being This old of a blade, I would have it restored. But it will be Costly, to say the least. Putting a correct Polish on a blade used to be in the order of $100 per Inch. I have no idea what it would cost today. But, if professionally restored, you are looking at a decent sword worth decent money as well. Whatever you do, do Not attempt any repair or polishing on your own. It is Imperative that it Must be done by a specialized Professional who deals Only in Japanese swords, or else it will be permanently ruined and made worthless forever.
    And it is a long process as well. Mine has been with a professional (known to many here) for a year now and he is only starting to work on it. Expect it to take another 6 to 12 months....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Now I have a picture from the other side and there is quit a bit of rust, its on the surface not deep.
    Does it have any value now, asking price is $ 500??

Translation help Mei wanted

Hmmmm .... I missed this one -- I was in Japan when it originally posted.

(菊紋) 和泉守兼定
    (Chrysanthemum Mark) Izumi [no] Kami Kanesada

--Guy

[EDIT: I see that Bob Coleman gave the correct answer already.]

?

Thanks Bob and Guy, the rust scares me, should I buy or let it go???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2