Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Translation request

Article about: Hello, Could someone please do a traduction for me? I have this navy picture with this writing on the back would know what it says. As always thank you for youre time and help!!!

Ok nick, thank you for youre time and help!
    Regards Delibes.

?

The first writing is really poorly written and even after I asked some other Japanese people to take a look for me they said it's too messy to understand. Seems to be addressed to somewhere in Daito district, Tokyo.

The second was a lot easier to make out, as Nick pointed out it's just a rank and name.
    Amagi outfitting. 3rd Head Gunnery Squad Leader, Lieutenant Commander Ezoe Tsuruo 江副鶴雄

Thank you kindly adachi for your help!
    Regards Delibes

The somewhat messy address was for the newly in Jan. 1945 established 東京搬送電気通信工事局, the forerunner of Tokyo Telecom (NTT) in Chiyoda Ward Otemachi, Tokyo's business center.

Good evening gents, has anyone else noticed in the group photo that the seven men that appear to be P.O.s in the second row from the bottom up are wearing what looks like ribbon bars on a model 3 tunic? Also the man in the bottom row fourth from the left, what is he wearing on both of his upper sleeves?

Bill

Quote by SHEMP H View Post
    Good evening gents, has anyone else noticed in the group photo that the seven men that appear to be P.O.s in the second row from the bottom up are wearing what looks like ribbon bars on a model 3 tunic? Also the man in the bottom row fourth from the left, what is he wearing on both of his upper sleeves?

Bill
    Sorry guys I checked the photo for the fourth time it looks like the guy on the bottom row has a bunch of creases on his upper left sleeve and a creased P.O. insignia on his right sleeve

?

It looks to me like all the enlisted and POs are wearing five button work uniforms except for maybe a couple with Class IIIs. They seemed to be worn interchangeabley with Class III uniforms based on their mixed usage in photos. I agree they're wearing ribbon bars. It appears some have good conduct chevrons on their sleeves as well.

Quote by adachi View Post
    It looks to me like all the enlisted and POs are wearing five button work uniforms except for maybe a couple with Class IIIs. They seemed to be worn interchangeabley with Class III uniforms based on their mixed usage in photos. I agree they're wearing ribbon bars. It appears some have good conduct chevrons on their sleeves as well.
    Good eye Adachi, I missed that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2