Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Two IJA Ammo Belts for Comparison

Article about: Greetings! I have here what I believe to be two WWII era Japanese Army belts. Very similar in design. On quick inspection, it appeared that one is leather and the other is the late war favou

Default Two IJA Ammo Belts for Comparison

Greetings!
    I have here what I believe to be two WWII era Japanese Army belts. Very similar in design. On quick inspection, it appeared that one is leather and the other is the late war favoured 'rubberised canvas' material. On closer inspection I am not really sure it is leather? If it is, it has lost it's smell completely, but is quite hard and un-flexible like the canvas example.
    Due to the hard condition of these belts I am very reluctant to open these up for any possible markings I can't see, in case of snapping one. These belts do, in any case, make a nice visual example of the different types of war materials used as the war progressed, so I am sharing!
    Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two IJA Ammo Belts for Comparison   Two IJA Ammo Belts for Comparison  

Two IJA Ammo Belts for Comparison   Two IJA Ammo Belts for Comparison  

Two IJA Ammo Belts for Comparison   Two IJA Ammo Belts for Comparison  

MAP
    ?

Nice set Chris! I agree that you should leave it as is.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

They seem to be two nice examples as you said. I wish I could share some knowledge concerning the belts, I will be watching to gain some. Anything related to the Japanese in WW2 is in my opinion really starting to gain momentum in the collecting field. Thanks for sharing.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    They seem to be two nice examples as you said. I wish I could share some knowledge concerning the belts, I will be watching to gain some. Anything related to the Japanese in WW2 is in my opinion really starting to gain momentum in the collecting field. Thanks for sharing.
    Marty
    I hope not yet Marty...I picked up a number of Japanese items (not a huge amount: rifles, swords, helmets, bayos, canteens, tunics) a few years back and they were reasonably priced. Still looking to get more before the prices start increasing!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not to hog Chris's thread, please forgive me. The prices on German items have leveled out and dropped in some cases but I have noticed a better than averge increase for Japanese military, that is one reason I went ahead and bought the type I rifle and now try to buy a Nambu pistol.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Not to hog Chris's thread, please forgive me. The prices on German items have leveled out and dropped in some cases but I have noticed a better than averge increase for Japanese military, that is one reason I went ahead and bought the type I rifle and now try to buy a Nambu pistol.
    Not at all mate. Yes I agree, although many Japanese items are still affordable items to collect on my humble teacher's salary, there are certainly items I passed on (such as swords, ammo pouches, and helmets) a few years back that seem to have really increased in today's market. These belts fit kinda in this category in my experience, I recall passing on a nice soft leather example several years back, now I'm finding one impossible to find! Guns are too difficult for me in Australia, I need a proper gun license with all the attributed headaches just to display a deactivated WWII rifle here in NSW.