Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two Navys

Article about: All is finally quiet and I had time to take a few pics of my new little friends.I have been waiting to score the Tachi for awhile and it finally came through, but the little Sabre was a comp

Default Two Navys

All is finally quiet and I had time to take a few pics of my new little friends.I have been waiting to score the Tachi for awhile and it finally came through, but the little Sabre was a complete surprise!! A longtime friend who also collects militaria gifted it to me for Christmas.Just a few quick pics to share.Regards, Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Navys   Two Navys  

Two Navys   Two Navys  

Two Navys  

Tachi is Mumei and stainless blade but in really nice shape and the sabre has the typical etched hamon and some kanji on the backstrap that appears to be done by an individual
    who was not an engraver.I will post some pics when I get a chance. Regards,Geoff

Geoff,

What a nice Christmas present from your friend! The pair look nice together -- that polished same-skin certainly looks nice.

--Guy

Very nice, I wish some of my friends were collectors who were that generous.

Two very nice acquisitions Geoff!
    Makes it even more special when one is a gift from a friend.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

both beautys.

?

Cracking examples Geoff , gotta love the gilt still left on those fittings , thanks for showing this eye candy !!
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thank you all for the nice comments I took a couple of photos of the back-strap of the little sabre but could use some help on the kanji definitely not done by a professional!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Navys   Two Navys  

I really needed that large image to see the faint cross-hatches. Looks like katakana spelling a Korean (?) name:
    キムサ
    Ki Mu Sa
    Kim Sa ????

--Guy

Thanks Guy! perhaps this will be a little better.Markings in order from top to bottom.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Navys  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast