Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two Type 99 arisakas, what's your thoughts?

Article about: Any idea what the markings mean? Thanks guys! Or value? Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Two Type 99 arisakas, what's your thoughts?

Any idea what the markings mean? Thanks guys! Or value?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Type 99 arisakas, what's your thoughts?   Two Type 99 arisakas, what's your thoughts?  

Two Type 99 arisakas, what's your thoughts?   Two Type 99 arisakas, what's your thoughts?  

Two Type 99 arisakas, what's your thoughts?   Two Type 99 arisakas, what's your thoughts?  

MAP
    ?

Hard to tell all the markings and I'm running out the door but this link has all the answers you need. Bookmark it. I use it all the time.

Rifle looks like it's from the Kokura Arsenal. I can't tell the series # mark before the serial number but you can match it up to the markings on the attached website and figure out the date of manufacture.

Markings on Japanese Arisaka Rifles and Bayonets of World War II

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Hard to tell all the markings and I'm running out the door but this link has all the answers you need. Bookmark it. I use it all the time.

Rifle looks like it's from the Kokura Arsenal. I can't tell the series # mark before the serial number but you can match it up to the markings on the attached website and figure out the date of manufacture.

Markings on Japanese Arisaka Rifles and Bayonets of World War II

Michael
    Great thanks just what I was looking for!

MAP
    ?

Wealth of information on this site. No fancy pictures. Looks like an old time paper someone wrote years ago and put on a website. Funny in that my old link from years ago was bad and I was heart broken. but a quick search turned it up on a new server....phew........

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

btw, nice to have the monopod on one of them. This is missing from all of mine. Also nice to have the full Mum on one as well. Lore is that this signifies a battlefield vet bringback, and ground Mums where Vet souvenirs or imports after the rifles were turned in after surrender (someone please correct me if this is just an old wives tale)

You could try to get a dust cover for the one with the monopod and Mum to "complete" it there are more repro's than real ones out there. Vast majority of these rifles had them taken off by the soldiers due to the noise they made (or so the tale goes again).

M