Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Type 90 Cotton tunic

Article about: This is the first of 3 tunics I picked up recently, they were more of an impulse buy, but I have been meaning to get one for some time. It's a new area so I'll take a stab at what I think I

?

Default Type 90 Cotton tunic

This is the first of 3 tunics I picked up recently, they were more of an impulse buy, but I have been meaning to get one for some time.

It's a new area so I'll take a stab at what I think I have, feel free to correct me. I do have some questions which I would be grateful if you can answer.

Type 90 cotton tunic, lined, it is all there and in reasonable condition with 2 breast pockets and no lower.
    My first question is about the 'swallow tail' collar insignia. I'm not sure they are original to the tunic but they feel right. One is coming off and I've included a picture of the under side. They both have the bottom 'tail' missing, but look to be finished as if it was intended, is this normal?

Both sleeves have stitch marks all the way round about 4 inches up, and at the seem there is still a witness of red cord, what would this indicate.

Lastly, above and below the right breast pocket are sewn loops for mounting badges, I assume some type of proficiency badge, award, but is there any regulation as to what would be mounted where? There also loops for a medal bar over the left breast.

Thanks
    Steve.
    Type 90 Cotton tunic

Type 90 Cotton tunic

Type 90 Cotton tunic

Type 90 Cotton tunic

Type 90 Cotton tunic

Type 90 Cotton tunic

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Type 90 Cotton tunic
    Steve, I cannot answer any of your questions, but the name [second column from right]

高篠仲雄
    Takashino Nakao

Takashino is also pronounced Takajou

Dated Taisho 12 [1923]
    大正十二年

--Guy

高篠 can also pronounce as Koujyou as well.

Cheers!
    Taka

I'm thinking the red thread along the cuff was for the Infantry branch-of-service piping. Here's an image ... see figure #4 in the top row [Image #1 bottom row] -- but he's wearing yellow for artillery.

--Guy

Just to add an additional info, on top of Guy-san.

This tunic was made in Taisho 11 (1922), issued in 1923.

Size 5 (Small), my size.

Regards,
    Taka

Delete this ! I see what you are saying ... far right column says made in 11; far LEFT says issued 12. I need to go back to "reading comprehension" !!!!

--Guy
    ===========================
    Takasan, look closer ... the bottom of 十 is touching the top of the 二. Pretty certain it's 12.

--Guy

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Just to add an additional info, on top of Guy-san.

This tunic was made in Taisho 11 (1922), issued in 1923.

Regards,
    Taka
    Last edited by ghp95134; 12-22-2013 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Change "right" for "LEFT" ...

It's alright, Guy-san!

Daijyoubu-des!

Cheers!
    Taka

Takasan, thanks for alerting me about writing "right" twice.

--Guy

?

Thanks for the comments and information gents. I was struggling to work the date out because I thought it was 1930s, I really like this one it has a nice used feel about it.
    Steve.

?

This is likely a modified type 45 tunic that has had red piping around sleeves removed