Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Type 90 Helmet, What did I miss?

Article about: Greetings all, I was in the bidding for this, it certainly become out of my ball-park after the price rose into the thousands, I thought I would post this helmet and ask what possible reason

Default Type 90 Helmet, What did I miss?

Greetings all,

I was in the bidding for this, it certainly become out of my ball-park after the price rose into the thousands, I thought I would post this helmet and ask what possible reasons the price may have raised as high as it did. What did I miss? Korean WAR Chinese Helmet WW2 Japan Japanese Type 90 Casque Stahlhelm WK2 | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type 90 Helmet, What did I miss?   Type 90 Helmet, What did I miss?  

?

Hi Chris I as well would like to know the answer to this one looking at the bidding history in the end it really came down to a pissing match between two buyers it will be interesting to see what kind of opinions are thrown out there concerning this particular helmet.

Regards Mark

?

Seems excessive to me even if the link to Chinese use is proven. But if that was your field of collecting, I would think they are hard to find.
    Heres a link showing other Type 90s used by the Chinese.
    Chinese Helmet and Ammo Pouch in Korean War - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Steve.

?

Way overpriced. No way to know who & when star was painted red. Mint WW2 Japanese army helmet have gone over $1K but why would this undocumented example be worth a thousand more is beyond me!

Quote by Jareth View Post
    Way overpriced. No way to know who & when star was painted red. Mint WW2 Japanese army helmet have gone over $1K but why would this undocumented example be worth a thousand more is beyond me!
    This is exactly what I have been thinking! Perhaps pride has something to do with it

i suppose when you have an unlimited income you can bid as high as you want ,but it puts us average joe's out of the running ,i still wouldnt of remorgaged for this example though ,who knows if authentic for sure or contrived
    Regards James

?

I wouldn't have it.
    I seriously doubt the Chinese connection. Why would the Chinese take the liner out and paint the helmet a different color inside and out.

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I wouldn't have it.
    I seriously doubt the Chinese connection. Why would the Chinese take the liner out and paint the helmet a different color inside and out.
    Good call Steve !!
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I wouldn't have it.
    I also thought that the panted inside questionable, the liner also looks in amazing condition for one allegedly used by two armies in through two wars.

I would stay away from that one. I also have questions about the paint and that liner looks way too good. There is rust on one steel loop, but not any rust on the chin strap steel loop. I also don't see any rust on the leather from the one rusty loop. Leads me to believe the liner has been replaced. I wouldn't waste too much money on that lid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast