Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Type 90 IJA named helmet

Article about: My latest pickup. The shell is in pretty good condition a little battle worn or poor storage. The liner is not in the best shape and as come loose from the sides it seems to have had field r

Default Type 90 IJA named helmet

My latest pickup. The shell is in pretty good condition a little battle worn or poor storage. The liner is not in the best shape and as come loose from the sides it seems to have had field repair work done to it. The maker is Kobe Seiko and the kicker is it looks to be named. If someone could help with the translation that would be great. I know it is not the best but over all I only have 250.00usd in it.
    Enjoy, marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type 90 IJA named helmet   Type 90 IJA named helmet  

Type 90 IJA named helmet   Type 90 IJA named helmet  

Type 90 IJA named helmet  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Congrats on this one buddy, I love the look!

And the price makes it all the better, as you did very well on it.

Local piece with any history to offer Marty?

No story behind it was a eBay pickup. But there is a correction I have 185.00 in the helmet. I found a few odd and end pieces that I did not have hardly any money in them and sold them on ebay. The last thing just sold a few moments ago. You have to sell to buy. Thanks for the positive comment Aaron. Marty
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 08-27-2015 at 03:50 AM.

Wow cant believe I missed this one lol

Glad you got it anyways

?

Congratulations, love the wear on it, and a bargain price.

I like it, nice price too --- congrats!

Named to

星野
    Hoshino

That's one of the cooler Japanese surnames meaning "Star Field".

--Guy

Guy, you are right that is a pretty cool surname and really nice having it with the helmet. The name was a surprise because it was not listed under the description from the seller. I guess if it had the price my have gone up a little more. Marty

MAP
    ?

Great score with a fanastic price. Minty ones are going for $1k and up. And quite interesting (to me at least) that the name is carved into the paint. I typically see them painted on.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Let me clarify I had to pay 355.00 for the helmet but by selling some old stuff that I did not have hardly any money in, My cost out of pocket was 185.00.
    Michael the name is a little different being scratched into the paint as stated a nice little bonus.
    Marty
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 08-27-2015 at 03:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast