Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Type 94 Holsters & Accessories

Article about: Since I was going through my holster collection I thought I should post the items for the Japanese Type 94 pistol. The three leather examples all have steel hardware and would be considered

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Hi John, do you have the pistols that came in these holsters? I have a type 94 holster but the stitching is coming apart. Have you done any repairs to get to the great condition you have there. I have a very late dated pistol. The canvas holster is probably my favorite.

Regards;
    John
    Three of the holsters did come with guns. Tough to say if they were original to the guns. Even ones with capture papers could have been mated at a later date. I only have two that I am 95% sure that were brought back together and remained together. The other two I have picked up as singles. The canvas one came with a 20 date square back T94 that I am pretty sure about.
    I have had some stitching repaired on a few holsters. Jerry Burney has done the work and does exceptional work.
    John

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    I need a clearer photo (hi rez) of that stamp with the line of kanji. It's too fuzzy to read.

The single stamp:

Tō/Higashi [east]
    Probably an abbreviation for Tōkyō [東京].

--Guy
    Guy Thank you for looking at them. I tried a making the markings better but still not that clear.
    John

Type 94 Holsters & AccessoriesType 94 Holsters & AccessoriesType 94 Holsters & Accessories

Beautiful Holsters! I love the canvas one here is my 94 which did not come with a holster.I sure it came out of a crate full as it still has a lot of cosmoline in and on it and the mag is a few numbers different from the weapon...607 instead of ...604. I have always liked the "Ray Gun" appearance of this pistol.

Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type 94 Holsters & Accessories   Type 94 Holsters & Accessories  

Type 94 Holsters & Accessories   Type 94 Holsters & Accessories  

That is a minty Type 94 Geoff! Thank you for sharing. That would have been issued with a canvas holster being that late; likely with a substitute canvas style holster.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Guy Thank you for looking at them. I tried a making the markings better but still not that clear.
    John
    It's a bit of a guess, but I'm 80% confident it says:
    昭十七年
    Sho 17 Year [1942]

It's that last kanji that gives me pause .... so I'm only 80% confident. If I saw it alone, I would not be able to tell what it is; but, when paired with the Sho-17, it's the only thing that makes sense.

--Guy

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    I need a clearer photo (hi rez) of that stamp with the line of kanji. It's too fuzzy to read.

The single stamp:

Tō/Higashi [east]
    Probably an abbreviation for Tōkyō [東京].
    --Guy
    Hmmmmm ....

Looking again, it could be either Kyō [Kyoto] or Tō [Tokyo]
    or .

I can't see clearly enough to differentiate.

--Guy

Thank you Guy, much appreciated.
    John

John

Thanks for the lead on someone to do some holster repair work. As a kid I played a few to many times with this rig. My dad brought the pistol back from the war. After all these years thinking of possible taking it to the range to see how it shoots.

John

With all those holsters, in case you have the same problem I have with storing bulky field gear, here's a new method I'm trying out with IKEA drawer linings that velcro together. At least it seems to work well as a space saver for my German gear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type 94 Holsters & Accessories  

?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Nice holster Type4. Great variation on the middle one. Not often seen. Thanks for sharing.
    John
    that in the middle is for Sygiura Shiki

Type 94 Holsters & Accessories

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2