Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Type 95 NCO sword

Article about: Found this at a local heritage arms gun show. Nothing allowed pre-1945, it was a history overload. It's in pretty decent shape, most of the paint is still there and the numbers match. There'

Default Type 95 NCO sword

Found this at a local heritage arms gun show. Nothing allowed pre-1945, it was a history overload. It's in pretty decent shape, most of the paint is still there and the numbers match. There's one ding on the blade edge, but that's the only flaw I've found. Pardon the yard, the snow had melted for now, but it's snowing again and almost April.

Type 95 NCO sword
    Type 95 NCO sword
    Type 95 NCO sword
    Type 95 NCO sword
    Type 95 NCO sword
    Type 95 NCO sword

Made at the Kokura arsenal, and according to Stu's sticky, the sword maker is unknown or unconfirmed.
    Type 95 NCO sword

Not a large ding
    Type 95 NCO sword

serial number
    Type 95 NCO sword
    Type 95 NCO sword

MAP
    ?

Very nice. Congrats. Blade looks really nice!

P.S. did you mean nothing allowed "post" 1945?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice piece. One slight correction. That's made at the Tokyo First Arsenal at a time when Kokura was administering the Type 95 manufacturing program.

Regards,
    Stu

?

To clarify ...

Of the eight army arsenals active in the war only Kokura, Tokyo First and Nagoya were involved in the Type 95 program. Kokura Arsenal administered the program although they did not directly supervise nor produce any of the Type 95 swords. It is believed that about 1944 Kokura relinquished control of the program to the other two mentioned arsenals.

Regards,
    Stu

Thanks MAP, you're right, it's nothing post 1945 lol Thanks Stu, this is a totally new venture into collecting for me.