Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Type 95 NCO Sword

Article about: Type 95 NCO Sword variation 2 A, probably the code put it in 1945 year, it is production of Tokyo First Arsenal, handle with post June 1939 symmetrical aluminium grip, mekugi screw is mid/La

?

Here's one of his old sales from a number of years back.
    I thought this was a very poor effort at first, and let it go, but having looked again, i think the fonts are "original" and he didn't do this.
    Having said this, i found an earlier sale from a different seller and noticed the same stampings.It had what appeared to be a possible Arsenal rework with an Iron tsuba in this sale. (although screw is missing!)
    He did however, swap the tsuba over to the correct brass version for his later sale.

First sale:
    Type 95 NCO Sword Type 95 NCO Sword Type 95 NCO Sword

Showa's sale:
    Type 95 NCO Sword Type 95 NCO Sword Type 95 NCO Sword

Notice the change in font style here, again the larger font is used.
    Type 95 NCO Sword

Use of these size fonts is not the norm with stampings i have found.

By the way, here's what i believe is the only 'original' arsenal rework of a copper handled sword.
    Notice the extra screw in the handle. (Thanks to Bill for the use of his pic.)
    Type 95 NCO Sword

A little history on the sword I posted.My brother saw this at a flea market in the mid 70s,seller was asking 35.00,my brother said I will give you 30.00 if you can hold it so I can go get the money.Seller said ok I will hold it for a few hours.Brother came home and asked me for the money which I loaned him.I figured it was probably a fake or must have had something wrong with it!When he brought it home I loved it,glad I loaned him the cash.Anyway traded him out of it several years later.I figure it must be a bringback ,no seller is going to fake one and sell it for 30.00!,I believe that was before the Chinese fakes started coming out .The blade is very nice cond.and the guard had dust on it from sitting in the first pics I posted but I wiped it off and you can see its in nice cond.Oh for the good old days,before the prices went crazy and sellers didnt know what they had,seller must have bought it for 10.00 or 15.00 to be able to sell it for 30.00!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type 95 NCO Sword   Type 95 NCO Sword  

Type 95 NCO Sword  

?

What??? No numbers to be seen anywhere??? Lol
    Come on toecutter, you can do better than that!!
    Think of people like me please, i need to see the numbers!!

stegel,this is the same sword I posted above ser. no. 97320,not a new one,sorry for not making that clear,yeah I agree a guy needs to see numbers!

?

My mistake, i got carried away with the story, (remembering some great pick ups i had in the 80's) and thought your brother was into these aswell.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4