Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Type 99 Arisaka Rifle

Article about: Hello all! I hope everyone's week is going well! I acquired my first WWII era rifle last night and even though it isn't perfect I am very happy to have it! Its a type 99 Arisaka. The mum has

?

Default Type 99 Arisaka Rifle

Hello all!

I hope everyone's week is going well! I acquired my first WWII era rifle last night and even though it isn't perfect I am very happy to have it! Its a type 99 Arisaka. The mum has been removed, but my goal is to own one with and one without the mum, to represent how rifles were both surrendered and captured. Anyway, the rifle is also missing the stock sling ring that went on the middle of the barrel. I will be posting pictures later, along with the bayonet but I was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction of where I would be able to acquire a genuine stock ring to add to the gun. Any help would be awesome!

?

Default Re: Type 99 Arisaka Rifle

Sometimes you can find Arisaka parts on eBay.

?

You might also want to check out Gunboards.com and look into the Firearms of the Rising Sun sub forum. There are several posters there who collect T99s and some might have spare parts available.

Tom

Hi Doug,

Welcome to the world of Japanese firearms! I've had 5 Japanese rifles in my collection but am now down to two.

It sounds like you're missing the front barrel band. You can find them easily on ebay, gunpartscorp, gun boards... I may have one laying around, too!

If you post some high quality photos of your rifle (especially the markings to the left of the bolt release lever), we can help you nail down exactly what type of barrel band you need!

You also didn't mention this earlier, but does your rifle have all matching numbers?

Here are the two Japanese rifles currently in my collection:
    Type 99 Arisaka RifleType 99 Arisaka Rifle

?

Joe you will need to work on your grouping!!! Only joking.. I'm looking at 1 of these rifles Deact of course living in the UK. Thanks for the pictures. Cheers Terry

Quote by Tango View Post
    Joe you will need to work on your grouping!!! Only joking.. I'm looking at 1 of these rifles Deact of course living in the UK. Thanks for the pictures. Cheers Terry
    Lol lets blame the wide grouping on the rifle being a last ditch Arisaka... Not me!

?

Thank you Joe! I will get some pictures up asap.

?

Hello all!

As promised here are some pictures of the rifle. Not the best, I know, but its raining right now and I cant go outside. From what research I have done I believe that I have a type 99 arisaka made by the Nagoya company. I believe it is a zero series as there are no markings before the serial number, which is 64005. I believe that it is a matching serial number gun, as the only numbers on the gun I can find on the gun are 005, which you can see in the pictures. If there is anywhere else I should check on the rifle let me know.

- - Updated - -

Sadly the mum has been defaced
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type 99 Arisaka Rifle   Type 99 Arisaka Rifle  

Type 99 Arisaka Rifle   Type 99 Arisaka Rifle  

A nice war horse, Doug!

Are the AA sights missing it's wings?

As you know, the rear barrel band is missing and it also would have had a monopod. Dust cover and cleaning rod are gone too.

Regardless, a very nice rifle and a bonus that it's matching!

Also, could you take a better photo of the rear sling swivel? You may have an experimental, fatter oval used for cavalry...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast