Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Japanese button type thingy bob

Article about: Hi everyone, any ideas on what this is? it measures 3cm across.

Default Unknown Japanese button type thingy bob

Hi everyone, any ideas on what this is?
    it measures 3cm across.

Unknown Japanese button type thingy bobUnknown Japanese button type thingy bob

Why is it supposed to be Japanese? I see nothing on it that is even remotely Japanese. In case you thought the flower, that is no cherry blossom or chrysanthemum. With an European style Coat of Arms like that you'll need to check other countries including Southeast Asia (above the two deer or donkeys in the center I see something that looks like Thai characters).

Please excuse my ignorance regards the flower. and thank you for the pointers

Quote by bananamafia View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance regards the flower. and thank you for the pointers
    The flower does look -- at first blush -- like a chrysanthemum, so I understand your confusion. The first quarter of the armorial bearing depicts spur; as heraldry was once an interest I held, I tried various searches of "quarterly, a spur ...." but didn't find anything. The charges in the other quarters are not distinct enough to build a good search, they could be, variously: a deer, horse, bull, fox, wolf, dog, etc. I received too many false results from my searches.

I think the button might well be a made-up heraldic device -- perhaps for a civilian blazer (??). The "trophy of arms" behind the shield (flags, rifles, swords, bayonets behind the shield) makes it look military.

--Guy

Quote by bananamafia View Post
    Hi everyone, any ideas on what this is?
    it measures 3cm across.

Unknown Japanese button type thingy bobUnknown Japanese button type thingy bob
    I guess that is uruguay coat of arms.
    Unknown Japanese button type thingy bob
    Maybe it's from the uruguay armed force uniform?

Quote by feldgrau33 View Post
    I guess that is uruguay coat of arms.
    Maybe it's from the uruguay armed force uniform?
    Feldgrau,

Great find!!!!!

Here are some Uruguan military buttons selling on ebay. Slightly different, but the Original Poster's button is 100% the Uruguay Coat of Arms.

Cheers!
    --Guy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Japanese button type thingy bob  

Sorry for the very late reply of thanks guys for some reason i didn't notice a "reply" email.

Thankyou for your time and knowledge!!!
    Uruguay it is!!