Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unknown Japanese WW2 Sword

Article about: Hi, I have what I believe to be a WW2 Japanese sword. Does anyone have any information on this? I've looked at a lot of models on the internet and couldn't find one that is similar. Thanks i

Default Re: Unknown Japanese WW2 Sword

Ok thanks Bob. Is there anyone in the US that people recommend to send it to for an evaluation? I would also like to get the handle wrapped too. I guess what Im wondering is this worth around a few hundred or a few thousand

Default Re: Unknown Japanese WW2 Sword

Quote by behlftball View Post
    Ok thanks Bob. Is there anyone in the US that people recommend to send it to for an evaluation? I would also like to get the handle wrapped too. I guess what Im wondering is this worth around a few hundred or a few thousand
    You require having a new handle made from scratch as what you have is post war Western made garbage job. You would need to invest in a pair of menuki which are handle ornaments and ray skin for the handle. The cost of all of this with a new handle wrap would exceed $1000 by quite a bit even when the lowest end work was done. As it sits, it is likely worth in the range of your lower estimate. That would be if your guard is forged and not cast. I can recommend someone. However, you would likely be charged an appraisal fee plus shipping costs both directions. It is not something worth investing more money in unless you are going to keep it. If something is old and not well made, it is just old junk. In Japanese swords, age does not always necessarily equate to value.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2