MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unknown sword........

Article about: the Emporors flower is on it, Japan

Default Unknown sword........

comes from flea market, I have no idea???????? No marker.
    Nikolaus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown sword........   Unknown sword........  

Unknown sword........   Unknown sword........  

Default Re: Unknown sword........

Looks like a cutlass?

Hi Nikolaus,, can you pull it out of the scabbard so we can see the blade both sides? although there may not be markings on the blade,,someone who collects these type swords might be able to identify a blade pattern which should at least identify what year it was made,,or who made it.

@Sultan....Welcom to the forum.....Do you collect these types or possibly might want to share some information on this type of sword that will help out on the Identity? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

This looks Japanese...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    This looks Japanese...
    cheers, Glenn
    Yeah, the decoration does look Japanese!...

I would have to agree with Glenn it has the floral pattern that most Japanese swords have.
    Morris

?

If I was to guess I would go along with Japanese too. Parade sabre circa 1900.Have a look over it for any arsenal stampings on it.

I agree it looks Japanese from the profile and the cherry blossom decorations. A nice sword.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Nikolaus,, can you pull it out of the scabbard so we can see the blade both sides? although there may not be markings on the blade,,someone who collects these type swords might be able to identify a blade pattern which should at least identify what year it was made,,or who made it.

@Sultan....Welcom to the forum.....Do you collect these types or possibly might want to share some information on this type of sword that will help out on the Identity? Regards Larry
    I don't collect swords, and most my info on swords is in The classical antiquity, but from its looks, I Could say it could be a 1860 era or a cutlass sword, western made, the Decoration look semi-japanese but they could be western

it resemebles a cavalry saber from the american civil war called the M1862

here below is a Gunto, it could be a Gunto with a different scabbard
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown sword........  

I also agree that it appears Japanese due to the markings and decorations.
    @Larry, the bottom photo shows the blade. The spine of the blade is ground about 3/4's the length of the blade.
    Possibly described as a cutlass.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast