Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Well, greetings from Indonesia

Article about: Hello all, my name is Donny from Indonesia. my main focus is actually Japanese sword, though I have broad range of interest of anything sharp and military. Got some guntos, cavalry saber, pa

Default Well, greetings from Indonesia

Hello all,

my name is Donny from Indonesia. my main focus is actually Japanese sword, though I have broad range of interest of anything sharp and military. Got some guntos, cavalry saber, parade sword, FS daggers, and so forth
    happy to know you all

regards
    Donny

this is one of my gunto, a koa issin mantetsu gunto

this one has killed a few good men, as it was taken from execution ground by killing the Japanese officer who's wielding it at the time

the story goes that after Japanese surrender, our local guerillas started demanding Japanese troops to surrender their weapons. Not all comply peacefully so they attacked an ammunition depot near Tangerang and forced the Japanese to surrender. Knowing that there is no escape, the commander ordered his troops to burn all documents and execute all prisoners.

this sword was taken during that battle, and by killing the executor, still with blood-stained sword on his hand. I have since replaced all the damaged parts (handle, so forth) and clean it all. However some remnants of rust on the monouchi is impossible to remove

another gunto - this one is under restoration right now

this gunto is unique because of its rarity, this is a surviving example of "island-made" gunto, and featured in Jim Dawson's book

this gunto is made under supervision of IJA, and made in Semarang city. Its blade got no hamon, but surprisingly similar fittings with type 98, though of lower quality. Other interesting point is the mei is written in Katakana "shiyawaka sumaran" - made in Semarang

these are the pics when I bought it, as you can see it is intact but in poor condition
    enjoy

Well, greetings from IndonesiaWell, greetings from Indonesia
    Well, greetings from IndonesiaWell, greetings from IndonesiaWell, greetings from IndonesiaWell, greetings from IndonesiaWell, greetings from Indonesia

Default Kamakura era tachi in custom gunto koshirae

will add information tomorrow, for now couple of pics, first
    look at the sugata and the tiny kissaki and maruni hanabishi kamon on kabutogane
    enjoy

Well, greetings from IndonesiaWell, greetings from IndonesiaWell, greetings from IndonesiaWell, greetings from Indonesia

Welcome to the War Relic Forum Donny. Sounds like you have some interesting blades. But I suggest you re-post each item separately in the Axis Militaria forum, Japanese section, which is found up the top as part of the German Militaria 1939-45 forum.

Down here few people will notice your post.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Welcome to the War Relic Forum Donny. Sounds like you have some interesting blades. But I suggest you re-post each item separately in the Axis Militaria forum, Japanese section, which is found up the top as part of the German Militaria 1939-45 forum.

Down here few people will notice your post.
    yea, sadly I cannot post there ... yet

You may post separately now Donny ...Salamat Datang !
    I moved your thread to the Japanese forum.

Selamat menikmati masa tinggal Anda
    Enjoy your stay.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Donny - Welcome! As a sword lover, you'll find a vast amount of useful information on this forum.

I would like to request pictures of both sides of your Mantetsu nakago and the serial number on the back edge, please. I collect the dates and serial numbers. If you'll PM me with your email, I'll send you a copy of my study. So far, I have over 150 blades recorded, including a Mantetsu-made waki and an unusual 1945 blade with a unique slogan.

Welcome to the forum.

I love that koshizori tachi blade!

The "execution" sword has a field grade officer tassel, so the officer using it was ranked as Major, Lt. Colonel, or Colonel. I understand you wanting to have a new handle made, but I hope you kept the original handle since it is part of the sword's history.

--Guy