MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What exactly do I have here? Real/fake? (Prayer flag/ID's)

Article about: Very interesting. Is there any source out there that I could use to maybe figure out what the other stamps could be from? I'll definitely be checking out Dr. Mike Bortner's book that Stu men

Default Re: What exactly do I have here? Real/fake? (Prayer flag/ID's)

Very interesting. Is there any source out there that I could use to maybe figure out what the other stamps could be from? I'll definitely be checking out Dr. Mike Bortner's book that Stu mentioned. I actually got accepted to study at a Japanese language school in Osaka for 12 months, and I see that Minatogawa Jinja is in Kobe so I'll definitely have to add that to my list of places that I'm planning on visiting. Thanks for all the awesome information guys!

Sorry, but I cannot add much to the thread. The names on the cards are, left to right:

小泉銀歳, 小澤, and 小松.
    Koizumi Ginzai, Ozawa, and Komatsu.

I can only make out the given name on the first card, the others are too advanced for me.

Koizumi Ginzai = Small Spring [as in artesian well], Silver Years. Ginzai [silver years] might be pronounced differently, as kanji **always** have a minimum of two pronunciations.

Ozawa = Small Marsh/creek/swamp.
    Komatsu = Small Pine

Sorry,
    --Guy

No reason to say sorry, I greatly appreciate that information. Thanks Guy!

?

I know of no readily available reference guide that could assist with the stamps. Hopefully one day that facet of Japanese militaria collecting will be tackled by someone and a reference will be made available.

Tom

Ah I figured that was the case. Concerning the photo ID's, could someone point me in the direction of some similar examples? I've been searching the past couple days and have yet to come across any. I was told that they're somewhat rare but as I said before I'm completely new to this.

Thanks,

Nick

?

This just came up over at WAF. Not what you are looking for concerning commem. stamps, but a nice reference for shinto shrine stamps in Japan (please note these are post 1945 stamps, so designs most likely have changed).

ŒäŽéˆó’*@‘S‘ŒfÚˆê——

Still searching the internet for some similar examples of those ID's, and still empty handed. If anyone has anything similar or could point me in the direction of some similar examples on the internet..I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks!

Nick

Original do doubts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2