Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & Contents

Article about: Hello, a new arrival from a seller/friend in Japan. A nice little grouping for a very fair price I think, \\$32US. I do not usually collect this type of militria, but I thought it would look g

Default Re: WW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & Contents

Quote by tmys View Post
    Steve,

Let me get my two cents in on your items.

The Pin is:

Imperial Military Veteran Member Badge/Pin (your choice)

The bag is a:

Service Bag
    Name – Saito Yasuichiro
    Contents
    1. Military identification, medals, and badges.
    2. Special military-related training certification.
    3. Call up and mobilization order(s).
    4. Also, bank account book, and items necessary for mobilization preparation, and mobilization, etc.

FYI the photos are in front of the Imperial Palace. If you could get a clear shot of the flags,we might be able to identify the unit.

Sean

If you could get clearer photos of the post cards, letters, booklets, etc,, I should be able to translate them.

Also need clearer and bigger if possible shots of the medals.

Thanks,

Tom
    Thanks Tom..I shall try and get some better scans of the items as well as some new stuff i just picked up. Sorry it took so long but I have been in and out of the country. But, I shall put some other Japanese items i have on as well. I found a Japanese officers tropical foot locker, Japanese helmet I think? A paratrooper flashlight and some other items.

WW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & ContentsWW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & ContentsWW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & ContentsWW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & ContentsWW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & ContentsWW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & ContentsWW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & ContentsWW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & ContentsWW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & ContentsWW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & Contents

Some of my other Japanese items

?

Hey Sean,
    I saw your items, including the booklets. Looks like great stuff! I think someone else asked for close ups of the booklets. I echo that as well! The
    booklets you have are called Guntaitecho and offer a fascinating look into the history of the soldier and the units he was a part of in the IJA. My collecting focus is on Japanese paper items with special emphasis on booklets like yours. I have a large number of IJA unit codes and could contribute to the translations if need be. (The most important sections of the booklets IMO are the bracketed pages with spaces to write in info., and there should also be a page or two of handwritten entries separated by small red stamped circles) You mentioned that you have the capture paper with these booklets? If you could take pics. of that paper as well, that would be greatly appreciated, if you have the time of course.

Tom P

Very nice items! Thanks for showing.

Regards

Quote by tomp View Post
    Hey Sean,
    I saw your items, including the booklets. Looks like great stuff! I think someone else asked for close ups of the booklets. I echo that as well! The
    booklets you have are called Guntaitecho and offer a fascinating look into the history of the soldier and the units he was a part of in the IJA. My collecting focus is on Japanese paper items with special emphasis on booklets like yours. I have a large number of IJA unit codes and could contribute to the translations if need be. (The most important sections of the booklets IMO are the bracketed pages with spaces to write in info., and there should also be a page or two of handwritten entries separated by small red stamped circles) You mentioned that you have the capture paper with these booklets? If you could take pics. of that paper as well, that would be greatly appreciated, if you have the time of course.

Tom P
    Thanks for the info, I shall try and get some shots of the capture paper. Although it is not the normal typed up form, but a hand written note signed by a Capt or LT. I forget right now, but states that these items of no military intel value or something like that. There were two of those pocketbooks and one of them had more of those documents in it. Also there was a letter which i wish could get translated. Furthermore, I have a map case that had a pocket knife in it and a military handbook that showed exercises and tactical stuff. I am putting a link to my Facebook page that will hopefully show some of this stuff. Just give it a few seconds as it takes a couple seconds for the pictures to some clear or in focus. I have other albums on there that show some of my stuff. I have lots more but have not photographed it yet..

Japanese WW2 items | Facebook

my WW2 discussion and Display at the historical society | Facebook

thanks,
    Sean

PS

just click on the word facebook

?

Hey Sean,
    Nice collection! I always liked the paratrooper rifles, and they are only going up in value. I saw your postcards and omamori and believe that I could nail down the final location of that stamped postcard for you if I could get a clearer image of the address, I think it is ウ102 but I am not sure. Did all the paperwork come from one source?

TomP

Hey TOm,

I shall try and get better photos or even try and scan the items. Most of the items came from one source. I have three of those pocket books, but two of them were captured together with the other paper items. Sadly, one of the items was a photo paper frame, but it was missing the photograph. The paper frame was from a photo studio in Tokyo I think, I shall look at the at again. I also have another capture papers with a ammo pouch and two photos of the Japanese soldier that the ammo pouch belonged to. Yes, I like paratrooper model rifles and also have several type 99 rifles. Give me some time and i shall get better photos..thanks

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Very nice items! Thanks for showing.

Regards
    Thanks so much

?

Great! Very much looking forward to the pics. Thanks!

Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2