Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 japanese sword. Fake?

Article about: Anyone able to tell me what I already suspect that this WW2 sword is a fake?

Default WW2 japanese sword. Fake?

Anyone able to tell me what I already suspect that this WW2 sword is a fake?

Press studs are wrong, the blade has a flat edge, not even dull sharp, the brass looks aged.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I have edited the title of your thread to use the word Japanese. Please read this.
    Please Use The Word Japanese
    BTW, yes, it is a Chinese copy.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry, my iPad displayed the word Japanese but did not auto correct to it for some reason.

I was about 125% sure it was as soon as I received it. Just wanted confirmation before tearing the seller a new one.....how they get away with selling this stuff as real even when I asked prior to purchase if fake or original. And yet they manage 100% positive feedback on a well known auction site. They charge very little for the item and a lot for the postage then want to offer a stinky part refund in the hope you will go away. I'm a bit like a bad smell, I linger, I don't go away easy b

MAP
    ?

Your plight is not uncommon. There will be crooks where ever there is money to be made, especially so in this hobby. As PT Barnum said, "there's a sucker born every minute " (actually someone else saw it)

Your only defense is knowledge. If your committed to this hobby, you need to put lots of time (years in some cases) studying to learn. But that is fun for us so it should not be a chore. Plus you've taken the first step by joining the forum. Buy good reference books. Read and study the threads here (more info then any book and some of the best collectors out there.)

And always post before you buy. Always!!!!!

Welcome
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It's more that I buy stuff based on liking it. Or I happen upon it (found a Klewang on a scrap metal pile) and restore it.

Lesson learned. Don't trust eBay sellers.