Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

ww2 japanese sword I accidently bought on ebay

Article about: I saw this sword list as a new listing and she had a buy it now and I don't know why I put 300 hundred in it, did I just screw myself? I didn't think she would accept it. Here are pics she h

Default ww2 japanese sword I accidently bought on ebay

I saw this sword list as a new listing and she had a buy it now and I don't know why I put 300 hundred in it, did I just screw myself? I didn't think she would accept it. Here are pics she had listed ww2 japanese sword I accidently bought on ebayww2 japanese sword I accidently bought on ebayww2 japanese sword I accidently bought on ebayww2 japanese sword I accidently bought on ebayww2 japanese sword I accidently bought on ebayww2 japanese sword I accidently bought on ebayww2 japanese sword I accidently bought on ebayww2 japanese sword I accidently bought on ebay

Well...not my major field of expertise...but I'm thinking that you should light yourself a cigarette....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

call me stupid, what does that mean, I messed up? damnnit! haha

MAP
    ?

Some of (or in most cases THE) best experts in the field on this forum (I'm not one of them).

So as a new comer, here is a very good piece of advice that is often given here.

1) Study threads on this forum (most answers are already here)
    2) Read books and reference material (build up a nice library)
    3) Post pictures first on this forum, ask for advice
    3) and then buy.
    4) Save heartache and money.

We are happy to help!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

thank you map...

map- on a side note, the purple heart foundation contacted me about the purple heart in the garbage, I think im going to resolve it soon

anyways back to sword- this was the description as follows

This is a used sword. The sharp part of the sword has two nicks under the belly of sword. You can fill them as you run your hand "under the sword. This is a straight sword ,nice, good feel to it. Easy to maneuver. The maker put a lot of work into this sword. There are four markings in all about who made it. The numbers for the sword and brass sheath match. There is bamboo inside sheath that smells of some oil and holds the sword in place. Caution when go to put the sword back in sheath. Do not force. This sword has history. There are four markings on the top as shown in pictures that it was in battle. If you decide to buy this sword remember it has history and should be treated as such.

MAP
    ?

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    thank you map...

map- on a side note, the purple heart foundation contacted me about the purple heart in the garbage, I think im going to resolve it soon

anyways back to sword- this was the description as follows

This is a used sword. The sharp part of the sword has two nicks under the belly of sword. You can fill them as you run your hand "under the sword. This is a straight sword ,nice, good feel to it. Easy to maneuver. The maker put a lot of work into this sword. There are four markings in all about who made it. The numbers for the sword and brass sheath match. There is bamboo inside sheath that smells of some oil and holds the sword in place. Caution when go to put the sword back in sheath. Do not force. This sword has history. There are four markings on the top as shown in pictures that it was in battle. If you decide to buy this sword remember it has history and should be treated as such.
    Michael is fine, or MAP if you prefer. I'm called a lot worse

Great news on the medal. Glenn and Phil (and others) really went above and beyond. It was equally important to them (and us) to do the right thing..

Back to the sword...someone will come along (Bob C, Stu W, etc) who can help. These pictures don't help as they are quite blurry. But one thing is obvious, the sell doesn't know squat about these Katana's (I'm not opining on it's authenticity)

Quote "the maker put a lot of work into this sword" - These were machine made wartime blades. Not hand forged blades.

Plus I have no idea what they mean (plus I can't see them) by the 4 marks showing that it was in battle.

These are heavily faked swords and the fakes are getting better and better.

Let's wait for the experts to opine.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I believe this is an original NCO's shin gunto with a cast aluminum handle. The photos are poor but it appears to be correct. The marks on the tsuba and seppa, well, I wouldn't believe everything you read. They could have come from anywhere. I don't think the price you paid is unreasonable.
    Congrats!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the reply, It was a best offer deal, should of went lower but I didn't think she would go for it, now I'll pay for it. I'll take your word on it

?

From what I see based upon those photos it appears to be an authentic Type 95 IJA NCO sword of the version referred to as 2A from the Tokyo First Arsenal. It has an aluminum tsuka (handle), iron tsuba (hand guard) and a top latch locking mechanism.

If you wish to examine it more closely with something of a similar nature for comparison have a look here ...

IJA Type 95 NCO Sword Info

Regards,
    Stu

?

Further to my last, if there are any stampings upon the fuchi (collar) that separates the tsuka (handle) from the tsuba (hand guard) and you can photograph them please do so and I can perhaps narrow down the maker who supplied the piece to the arsenal. Or you could compare them to the examples in the above noted liked article.

Regards,
    Stu
    PS: It's likely to be one of these two ...

ww2 japanese sword I accidently bought on ebayww2 japanese sword I accidently bought on ebay

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast