Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

ww2 japanese sword I accidently bought on ebay

Article about: I saw this sword list as a new listing and she had a buy it now and I don't know why I put 300 hundred in it, did I just screw myself? I didn't think she would accept it. Here are pics she h

Thank you..did I get a good deal for 300?

MAP
    ?

IMO yes. But that's just me. Everyone has their own take on value.

I wouldn't get too hung up on price. If you like it, then it was worth every penny.

The paint scuffs on the scabbard appear to be where someone leaned it up against a railing with white paint. Could be wrong.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I want to remove it, any ideas ?

MAP
    ?

Hmmm, I really don't know. I rarely ever touch my items. It appears to be on the edges of the scabbard. I would not want to damage the scabbard paint underneath. If it is recent white paint, which it appears to be, it is probably softer than the 75 year old paint beneath. Try gently with your fingernail. It might come off.

If it is an acrylic paint I would try putting something warm and slightly damp on it first for a few seconds to soften it up.

Other than that, maybe some of the guys here can help. You may want to wait for others. They may not like my idea.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

will do...thank you!

I would say you did well for $300.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ye ah I looked around and I see them selling over 700 bucks

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    Ye ah I looked around and I see them selling over 700 bucks
    Condition is certainly a factor.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Considered bad condition?

?

FYI ... the fuchi stamps are read with the tip of the sword held down. From left to right they are the corporate logo for Iijima Token Seisakusho (Iijima Swords factory), the Tokyo First Arsenal's "to" inspection mark, and the Kokura Administration four cannonball mark. Although Kokura was the administration authority for your sword they never actually made any. All were produced through the Tokyo and Nagoya Arsenals. In this case yours came from the Tokyo First Arsenal.

Regards,
    Stu

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast