MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 katana

Article about: Im being offered this katana for my Uboat binoculars and I want to know what you guys think of the sword and if you think the trade is fair? Ill include a link to a thread showing my binocul

Default Re: WW2 katana

Check with the Command Post, he usually offers great advice to any honest collector.

Quote by Vix Steel View Post
    Check with the Command Post, he usually offers great advice to any honest collector.
    ??? Do you not think we have given accurate information from what is shown? It is difficult to identify a smith when the photo does not include one of the kanji for his name.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.

--Guy

?

Command Post staff are indeed well versed in Commonwealth Militaria and to some extent TR but I do not believe their qualifications extend to Japanese swords. I suggest you save yourself the cost of a long distance call at this time and post more pics as you get them.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Vix steel I can only speak highly of the help i got from Gents like Stu, Bob and Guy, just to mention a few.
    Their knowledge is very well and they are very helpfull, spending their free time to help other forum members.
    Japanese swords and flags are not my field, but the way they helped me was great
    Posting like you just did doesnt do them right and i think is even is disrespectfull.

Ger

Who did I disrespect?? And I don't really understand your post.

I suggested he could go to the Cpmil as an option. The kid is knows them and has been there before...

I suggested he could go to the Cpmil as an option. The kid is knows them and has been there before...
    Your post suggested that the information made available to the owner was either insuffecient or incorrect. There are very few militaria dealers who have the knoweledge gained by individuals who have sword study in Japan.
    BOB

Yes, I found your post insulting if you want to know.
    BOB

Well it wanst my intention. Did i say anything negative towards anyones opinions? I just gave Thekid an option since he knows of the place. Never thought having options or more opinions was a bad thing.

Well it wanst my intention. Did i say anything negative towards anyones opinions? I just gave Thekid an option since he knows of the place. Never thought having options or more opinions was a bad thing.
    I think a simple apology would suffice in lieu of the same lame excuses.
    BOB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast