Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ww2 sword?

Article about: i have a sword that was given to me by my wife's grandparents i believe her uncle brought it back from the war with him.any info would be greatly appreicated.there are no markings on it evve

?

Default Re: ww2 sword?

ww2 sword?ww2 sword?ww2 sword?ww2 sword?ww2 sword?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 sword?  

?

is it worth any thing? i've seen a bunch on ebay but none like this

?

Looks like a Japanese WWII officers sword. Chinese made for Japanese officers in Manchuria. Just my opinion.

Quote by BBMATT View Post
    Looks like a Japanese WWII officers sword. Chinese made for Japanese officers in Manchuria. Just my opinion.
    I agree--from my experience it looks like a Chinese-made one. I have a relic one very similar, leather-covered scabbard and all, that I had folks on another forum check out. Still a nice item and a legitimate WWII artifact!

?

is there any value to them?

?

Quote by gordee View Post
    is there any value to them?
    Hello gordee,

That's a tough call. One man's trash is another man's treasure. I note you have asked a couple times about value and probably want a dollar amount. It really is difficult to say. I mean no offense here but as my focus is on swords of a different type I would not purchase it at any price whereas someone putting together a display associated to theatre made items from occupied territories would find it more desirable. As for commercial value through a sales site such as EBay I'd suggest it would bring in less than 100USD. Perhaps others will see this differently.

Regards,
    Stu

looks fine to me.

This is one of the poorly made swords likely made as replacements. I have owned several of these and all have had the identical silver tsuba and poorly shaped tangs. All of the ones that I veteran puchased were found in China. I have always thought that these were made in theatre and were to serve a purpose unitl a proper replacement could be had. None of the ones I have ever handled have any temper in the blade. This is a model sword rarely encountered. Most collectors have looked at them as being fakes but in my opinion, they are just poorly made swords. By the way, there never was such a thing as a "last ditch" Japanese sword. That is a term that is inappropriate for the field of sword study.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2