Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII Japanese Canteen

Article about: I am rather new at collecting WWl and WWll militaria, but starting to gain a small respectable collection. I picked this canteen up this weekend and did find some info on it, but cannot find

Default WWII Japanese Canteen

I am rather new at collecting WWl and WWll militaria, but starting to gain a small respectable collection. I picked this canteen up this weekend and did find some info on it, but cannot find what the maker mark states on the bottom. Also, there is some etching on the front that is done by hand. Is any body able to translate and provide more info for me. It is very much appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Japanese Canteen   WWII Japanese Canteen  

WWII Japanese Canteen   WWII Japanese Canteen  

WWII Japanese Canteen  

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum Starnold.

I will leave it to others with more experience in Japanese militaria to help out. But for starters. Please read the thread in the attached link. It is an excellent resource thread and you will learn much.

Look closely at post 21 and 22 of this thread. Looks like the Type B (all wood) stopper and a leather strap with buckles on both ends.

The Canteen itself is either a type 30 or type 99 (1939). See post 18 and 20.

The Evolution of IJA Canteens (1889-1945) Expanded Version
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Wow, I read it 3 times. what a great thread. So many changes. Thank you Sir.

MAP
    ?

Quote by starnold View Post
    Wow, I read it 3 times. what a great thread. So many changes. Thank you Sir.
    No problem. Thanks should go to Nick who wrote that thread as well as many others We are just the beneficiaries of his hard work

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am rather new at collecting WWl and WWll militaria, but starting to gain a small respectable collection. I picked this canteen up this weekend and did find some info on it, but cannot find what the maker mark states on the bottom. Also, there is some etching on the front that is done by hand. Is any body able to translate and provide more info for me. It is very much appreciated.
    Unfortunately you have pou the canteen in wrong section - you ask about in USSR subforum , while should ask in AXIS subforum. I would be hard to get any info from sovite militaria collectors about japanese canteen

Sorry, I do see that now. I will try to correct it. So far, I am really liking this forum. Mostly just reading and learning for now.

Thank you

MAP
    ?

Sorry, I do see that now. I will try to correct it. So far, I am really liking this forum. Mostly just reading and learning for now.

Thank you
    Just send a PM to the Mod of the forum. They can move it.

Moved it for you. Nice canteen.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

A nice canteen that retains most of it's original paint. A shame the leather has broken. I love Japanese gear it is so distinctive. Sorry I can't help you with the markings. Happy collecting!

Very good. Thank you everyone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast