Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WWII Japanese Headband...Real or fake??

Article about: Here is another item I found at the museum this weekend that I am not sure about. My friend said it was worn by Japanese pilots during WWII. My question is it real and if so was it a pilots

Default Re: WWII Japanese Headband...Real or fake??

As in Williams' comment, silk I might believe - but unless provenance is given/shown
    who knows when or where it came from and if it is original at all. My photos
    show a $5 repro that I've had since 1983.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    100% Bo - Guss.........!
    Steve did the deer do a kamikaze attack on you? hehe

Nah, just sneaked up to the window while I was
    sitting at the dining room table.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Japanese Headband...Real or fake??   WWII Japanese Headband...Real or fake??  

Last edited by Walkwolf; 10-17-2011 at 06:29 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

After looking futher 'deer' friends I have to agree did a fast crash course on the matter and I see now!

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

AIF
    ?

I dont think that there would even be one 'real' Kamakazi headband in existence anywhere...
    Think about it

Quote by AIF View Post
    I dont think that there would even be one 'real' Kamakazi headband in existence anywhere...
    Think about it
    As you say most are in the bottom of the drink.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Very few survive that were pulled off a captive or dead pilot's head, but there were, of course, many made up in stock for the new Bushido pilots and were, no doubt, found in some quantity after the wars end. The civilians also wore similar but not exact bands to show their patriotism and support too. But, I suspect, that if Every band made both during and After the war were Used, that Japan would be a ghost town! If these things don't come with a photo and an affidavit of some sailor or GI standing there holding it in their hand with a tied up pilot sitting nearby, I'd pass, for sure! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

WWII Japanese Headband...Real or fake??WWII Japanese Headband...Real or fake??WWII Japanese Headband...Real or fake??WWII Japanese Headband...Real or fake??WWII Japanese Headband...Real or fake??WWII Japanese Headband...Real or fake??WWII Japanese Headband...Real or fake??I waited and finally decided to stick this in... I am by no means an expert on this but here goes... This has been in the Family for over 30 years. It was displayed originally with Kamikaze daggers. This hachimaki has what appears to be blood stains. The stains do corespond properly to being tied originally around someones head when they were made. So, either someone went to a lot of touble 30-40 years ago to fake a Kamikaze head band or it is real. Unfortunately all that is known is that it was an American Veteran's "bring back". It appears to me that it is made of linen. Now it is your turn to weigh in!

I think they used whatever they could toward the end of the war IMO

AIF
    ?

I really like this one!! It definately looks period me to me, the writing looks hand done as does the red dot, It looks like it was made by the original owners family.
    Have you had the text translated yet? Not sure it is a kamikae head band as a lot of soldiers wore these also.
    I love the blood stains on it, as morbid as it sounds I only collect Japanese items that are covered in blood and the stains look good to me.

All I can say is If its a fake its the best Japanese fake ever made!!

Luke.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast