Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WWII Japanese Headband...Real or fake??

Article about: Here is another item I found at the museum this weekend that I am not sure about. My friend said it was worn by Japanese pilots during WWII. My question is it real and if so was it a pilots

Default Re: WWII Japanese Headband...Real or fake??

Have not had a chance to decipher Japanese... There are 3 "Kamikaze" daggers that were displayed with it. They also have writing on them. But I think they may not be period (the Kanji). I think someone may have embellished them.

AIF
    ?

You should post the head band up on WAF in the Japanese section, there are a lot of Japanese experts on there and they could give you a translation and also their opions on it.

Cheers luke.

I believe the Kanji,translates to "Devine Wind"
    I got this info from a site that sells replica headbands,although the Kanji is reversed on the site
    I also had one like this that i bought years ago,it wasnt real!
    Mick

I hate to sound ignorant but what is WAF?

AIF
    ?

Do you think this one is fake too Mick? It certainly looks pretty good to me although the material looks a bit thicker/rougher than you normally see.
    Having said that now that you have translated the kanji that does put me off a little... still may have a chance though. It will be interesting to see what the guys on WAF say about it.

Luke

I couldnt say for sure Luke,but with the translation and the condition of it,(looks almost new)
    I would say NO not real, but hey im no expert,just wary
    Mick

Hmm... I too am a Collector. The only way you could say for sure is if you pulled it off the poor guy's head. However... I am a Deputy Sheriff also. I have not had it checked to see if it is blood. Did not want to go that far. But the staining is consistant with a head band tied around someones head that received the wound prior to taking the headband off. Not just random staining from being hap hazzardly thrown in a basement. This is not the Holy Shroud of Turin... It would have been worn once! 66 / 67 years ago (Kamikaze), Stuck in a drawer, placed in a frame and now in a paper bag. And if we are going to make guesses we should hold it in our hands... The next best way to judge it. When would you like to get together and where? I love sharing my collection with interested people. What is the sense of Collecting stuff it you can't share it?

I puchased one over 25 years ago from a veteran who befriended a Japanese family shortly after the occupation of Japan began. The man received it along with a wakizashi that belonged to their 16 year old son who had been trained to be a kamikaze but never was given a plane to fly. He also gave me a photograph of the young man handing him the sword and the hachimaki. That hachimaki looked just like the one that started this thread. I purchased another identical one from another veteran along with several swords in the early 1980's. As is the case with anything like this, it is incorrect to believe that all of these were destroyed.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Naturally all three headbands say Kamikaze. The other writing on Walkwolf's headband is the lyrics for the military song "Doki no Sakura."

Tom

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast