Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Japanese Nambu Type 14 Leather Holster Strap

Article about: There is a WWII Japanese Nambu Type 14 Leather Holster Strap for sale that appears to have been repaired. The strap appears to have to pieces of leather sewed together. The thread even looks

?

Default WWII Japanese Nambu Type 14 Leather Holster Strap

There is a WWII Japanese Nambu Type 14 Leather Holster Strap for sale that appears to have been repaired. The strap appears to have to pieces of leather sewed together. The thread even looks new where it is sewed and the buckle. The seller states it is factory and original, He further states that he has 25 and there all sewed together.
    I have two Type 14 Holsters with straps and the straps are one solid piece of leather.
    I am asking were the straps ever sewed together using two pieces of leather?????
    WWII Japanese Nambu Type 14 Leather Holster StrapWWII Japanese Nambu Type 14 Leather Holster StrapWWII Japanese Nambu Type 14 Leather Holster Strap
    Kaydee
    Dwight Brown
    Last edited by kaydee; 10-13-2019 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Images

?

I have many straps for differents use the japanese many time make this it probably for shortage in materials, it can be legit in mine opinion but in general in this case i will pass, it look like a repro piece the i not like buckle and leather .

?

Thanks,
    I was thinking the same. That is why I asked.
    kaydee

Quote by Type4 View Post
    I have many straps for differents use the japanese many time make this it probably for shortage in materials, it can be legit in mine opinion but in general in this case i will pass, it look like a repro piece the i not like buckle and leather .
    +1 Thread is too white, leather real cheap, buckle finish looks like the antiqued brass so many repos have. Yes, splice leather shoulder straps are commonly seen on originals

This point wais defined within 1938 March guidelines on leather and hemp substitution policies of nearly 400 pages, in which rubberized canvas was identified as a main substitute. For gear that required continued use of leather, it said "Unless the leather is for a load-bearing component, normal use should withstand a minimum tension of 2K and made thinly as practical for its purpose (minimum thickness being 2mm)"

"Leather straps with lengths less than 1 meter, unless problematic for use, should be in principle, joined leather" "The number of joints to be one up to 1 meter strap lengths, and two joints for lengths between 1 and 2 meters. For straps longer than 2 meters, maximum number of joints to be up to 4 points"
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 01-21-2020 at 01:49 PM.