Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Japanese Samurai Sword Officer SHIN GUNTO World War 2

Article about: Regards, I would like to hear your views on this piece. Thank you very much

Default WWII Japanese Samurai Sword Officer SHIN GUNTO World War 2

Regards, I would like to hear your views on this piece. Thank you very much

WWII Japanese Samurai Sword Officer SHIN GUNTO World War 2WWII Japanese Samurai Sword Officer SHIN GUNTO World War 2

I'll take a rest and defer to the other forum.

It is signed Kanetsugu, 兼継, a smith in Seki, Gifu Prefecture, whose real name was Genichi Maekawa. The sword is dated April 1944.

Next time, you will probably get a quicker answer by posting on one forum instead of two. Two-timing as in relationships, sends the message you are not taking those people seriously, so you just get the same in return.

I apologize if a colleague has thought that he did not trust his answer, the Echo of putting it in two different places is to have different points of view and not just one. Any opinion is valid and must be taken with the utmost seriousness and for that reason I appreciate any comment that can be given on the sword and his for the knowledge that has on the matter. Thank you very much

If that was what you wanted to do, the etiquette is to first get opinions on one forum, and when that was not satisfactory, then go to another to share what you learned in the first and ask whether there are other additional views. Otherwise you make people waste time repeating the same.

I take note of your comment and will apply it in the future. I return to thank your opinion and it is very helpful, could you rate this piece with your knowledge to know if I paid much or little for it? Thank you very much

Gibello,

Prices vary greatly from country to country. You would simply have to do a survey of running ebay, or your country's online auctions, to compare prices. Type 98 prices in the USA are in the $500 to $2,500 range depending upon the condition, swordsmith, polish, etc; with the average gunto going for $900-1,200.

I don't like this seller's items. They seem to me been "massaged". His pictures are highly photoshoped, only showing what he want you to see. Even then, I can see this sword had been worked up.