Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Period Writing box?

Article about: Hello everyone, For several weeks I've had my eye on a wooden writing box/calligraphy set that's in a local antique shop. It does not seem to have attracted too much attention, though it is

?

Default WWII Period Writing box?

Hello everyone,

For several weeks I've had my eye on a wooden writing box/calligraphy set that's in a local antique shop. It does not seem to have attracted too much attention, though it is is reasonably priced. I believe that the box is missing a lid but otherwise seems to be in good shape, and it also comes with pens, stamps, and other items that are interesting (sorry for the wrong terminology as I've got some research to do). I am especially interested this because I have several WWII period Japanese letters and other documents in my collection and think this would be a great addition. Of course, don't think its necessarily military related but I' m hoping others might weigh in and see if its period or not. The grouping does contain a booklet with written information on and within it, as well as postage stamps. Could the stamps date to the 1930s from occupied China? Nick and Guy, any help that you would be especially appreciated. Thanks again.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Period Writing box?   WWII Period Writing box?  

WWII Period Writing box?   WWII Period Writing box?  

WWII Period Writing box?  

Everything in the box is postwar ca 1965. You can buy those ink sticks in mint condition here in a size of your choice 紅花墨 | 古梅園 The stamps are not for mail, but for stamp duty for contracts, etc.

?

Thank you for the information Nick! I appreciate your help.

Tom