Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Yosegaki Flag Authentic or Fake?

Article about: Hi Everybody, I have a Yosegaki flag here. I would like to ask for your opinions to see if it is authentic. The sentence 祝無欠勤入營 is from left to righ

Default Yosegaki Flag Authentic or Fake?

Hi Everybody, I have a Yosegaki flag here. I would like to ask for your opinions to see if it is authentic. The sentence 祝無欠勤入營 is from left to right which is red flag as it is more likely to be from right to left. The other red flag is a signature 鳴海清,who was a terrorist in the 70's.

Otherwise the flag seems to be legit but I am not too familiar in collecting signed flag. Would appreciate ypur inputs. Thanks!!

LL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yosegaki Flag Authentic or Fake?  

I cannot tell whether or not it is fake, but it is not done by an American. It is not a Seabee flag. The kanji are varied (different people) and well-executed.

The recipient was
    小林和之君
    Mr. Kobayashi Kazuyuki

—Guy

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    I cannot tell whether or not it is fake, but it is not done by an American. It is not a Seabee flag. The kanji are varied (different people) and well-executed.

The recipient was
    小林和之君
    Mr. Kobayashi Kazuyuki

—Guy
    Thanks!! That's what I see. I can read Kanji and did calligraphy when I was a kid. I can tell the signatures were from different people. Everything seems right except the top sentence from left to right which I can say it's incorrect but it seldem happened, and the 鳴海清 signature which could be a coincident as there is another signature 鳴海勝之助 near bottom right.

Can you tell if I provide this photo of the string an leather corner as it may be another clue? Yosegaki Flag Authentic or Fake?

We'll have to wait for the experienced collectors to give opinion -- I'm not a collector.

Cheers! (and welcome!)
    --Guy

One of the superiors signing is the Chief of Osaka Rail Maintenance of the national railways. Within a group of rail engineers, English style writing direction would not have been unusual. If the flag is silk, I don't think you need to be concerned about authenticity.

Thank you so much Nick!! I am in the process of reading your material. I've learned so much from you. Really want to buy you a lunch, seriously!!!