Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Zero back in flight

Article about: Yesterday the Zero made the news again, as a restored fighter had its test flight at the Kanoya air base in Kyushu known as the base for many Tokko missions during the war. The plane in ques

Default Zero back in flight

Yesterday the Zero made the news again, as a restored fighter had its test flight at the Kanoya air base in Kyushu known as the base for many Tokko missions during the war.

The plane in question was recovered from Papua New Guinea in the 70s and was owned once by the bike racer Bob Hannah. He sold it to a Japanese man living in New Zealand, and it was brought to Japan in end of 2014.

Here you can see photos and video of the test flight by an American pilot.??????????????????????????????
    Attached Images Attached Images Zero back in flight 
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 01-28-2016 at 07:39 PM.

A beautiful aircraft !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

An iconic plane!....

?

Hurricane Hannah owned a Zero! Cool!

they made a very nice job of it.

Thanks God for us they had such flammable fuel tanks....!

That is just too cool! There used to be the remains of a Zero fuselage at Ft. Bragg. In the 1964-6 period I used to walk by it when going to the post's burn-pit and dump (kid's paradise!). We never sat in it as it was all rotted out and dirty-- all I remember is the Hinomaru painted on the side; the wings might even have been missing -- but that was too long ago to accurately remember.

--Guy

Not to mention lousy fuel pumps,Hassiman...if they tilted too far over, their engines would kill...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Saw this today. $3 mm to buy it (if I remember correctly) and then the cost to restore it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very bad idea to fly it-what goes up, must come down-and very often the hard way-just ask Harrison Ford!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast