Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Zero back in flight

Article about: Yesterday the Zero made the news again, as a restored fighter had its test flight at the Kanoya air base in Kyushu known as the base for many Tokko missions during the war. The plane in ques

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Very bad idea to fly it-what goes up, must come down-and very often the hard way-just ask Harrison Ford!
    And John Denver. Wait .... cancel that.

He's no longer answering questions.

--Guy
    [Pace, John; I still love your music]

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Very bad idea to fly it-what goes up, must come down-and very often the hard way-just ask Harrison Ford!
    "Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices..."

Quote by M422A1 View Post
    Hurricane Hannah owned a Zero! Cool!
    Have not heard that name in a long time. I watched him race a couple times.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

There was an intact Zero in Atlanta, Georgia, that was part of a war bond drive. At the end of the war, it was abandoned. It had been flown in so it was in flying condition. It ended up in the back yard of an antique dealer. Over the years, he refused numerous offers to sell. The yard was surrounded by a solid fence. However, over the years, vandals climbed the fence and looted many parts off the plane. It was still there around fifteen years ago in deplorable condition and falling apart. Sad that such a rare plane was allowed to be destroyed due to lack of security and interest.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Nice to see that some can appreciate military history and step forward to further the hobby !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    There was an intact Zero in Atlanta, Georgia, that was part of a war bond drive. At the end of the war, it was abandoned. It had been flown in so it was in flying condition. It ended up in the back yard of an antique dealer. Over the years, he refused numerous offers to sell. The yard was surrounded by a solid fence. However, over the years, vandals climbed the fence and looted many parts off the plane. It was still there around fifteen years ago in deplorable condition and falling apart. Sad that such a rare plane was allowed to be destroyed due to lack of security and interest.
    It is a shame that this wasn't allowed to be displayed and preserved as a "Glimpse" of history...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

When I was a kid, 'Hurricane Hannah' was the man!

Zero back in flight

As many seem to be interested, here is another video from when the Zero was displayed in 3 sections. The owner is explaining his motive for doing this, etc but the point is it shows a lot of details of the Zero that many might appreciate.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwJNbefEpe4

That's a beautiful plane, they did a great job restoring it.

They say the restoration was done in Russia and the USA. Why Russia I have no idea. The original engine was beyond restorable to flight condition, so for flying they use a P&W replacement engine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast