Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

About collar tabs in Greco Albanian front

Article about: Hello everybody. I've just seen this tunic up for sale in snyderstreasures.com, that used to belong to an Artillery Lt named ALTO PIZZRRELLI. I'm very surprized and curious about the collars

Default About collar tabs in Greco Albanian front

Hello everybody. I've just seen this tunic up for sale in snyderstreasures.com, that used to belong to an Artillery Lt named ALTO PIZZRRELLI. I'm very surprized and curious about the collars tabs (blue and white)..According to the seller, the tabs are coloured like this to "honor" the fight against Greece. I'm Greek myself and I haven't heard about such a thing before. Any further info would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. Nikos

dodgy Snyder.

Is Snyder's still in business? Thought the old pirate died some time ago....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have heard the same about Snyder. I don't really know. Anyways, nothing "honorable" at all, as the description says. Case closed. The tabs are for 48th Infantry Division "Taro", part of wich was (after December 1941) 48th artillery regiment (the only artillery unit of this Division). So the tunic should be worn by an Lt of this Regiment. Thank you anyways!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/48th_I..._Division_Taro

And for the history, here is a nice medallion of 48th artillery regiment, that has been sold on ebay.
    Italy Regimental Medal 48th Artillery Group Taro 48