MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Fascist era items - Medals, armshield, union card, Albanian coin...

Article about: Hello, Here are some items related to the fascist era... A commemorative medal of the military operations in "Africa Orientale" (instituted on 27th April 1936), with a blade "

Default Fascist era items - Medals, armshield, union card, Albanian coin...

Hello,

Here are some items related to the fascist era...

A commemorative medal of the military operations in "Africa Orientale" (instituted on 27th April 1936), with a blade "FERT" (motto of the House of Savoy) on the ribbon for the fighters. As we can see the "crowned z", this is the royal coin version.
    I find Mussolini's quote rather ironic : "Many enemies, much honor"...

A GIL merit cross : the red model was attributed to Piccole Italiane, the girls from 8 to 14 in this paramilitary organization. I didn't find any meaning for the GIL insignia on the ribbon, I believe this could be some "customization" by the owner.

The medal size is different between this red cross and the one I already had (the light blue model was decerned to Avanguardisti, the boys from 14 to 18). Here's a picture with the two crosses side by side :

An armshield for the Avanguardisti of Florence

A membership card of the industry workers union of Turin, from 1939

A 0,20 LEK (20 cents) coin from 1941, in use in Albania during Italian occupation. "Shqipni" means Albania (wasn't obvious to me)

Regards

Well done Shining!
    very nice items with correct and detailed explanations, I agree with you, the badge applied on the medal ribbon is probably a owner customization, made using a collar badge for GIL "Avanguardisti" uniform, as you can see in this document of that time:
    http://www.comune.cinisello-balsamo....g/800_dist.jpg

Regards
    Roberto

Thank you Roberto, this document is interesting.
    I was also thinking about a collar insignia... Now I'm sure of it !
    And this gives also the explanation for the different sizes between the two crosses : the crosses for Avanguardisti were bigger than the ones for Piccole Italiane (Balilla)... Even if it's written "GIL" on both.