Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hungarian Camouflage Poncho WW2

Article about: My guess... German tailor made poncho made with italian M1929 camouflage fabric They were quite common non standar issues after 1943 in German armed forces

Default Hungarian Camouflage Poncho WW2

G'day All
    I thought I'd post this one as it is a mystery to me on why the camouflage is on the inside, the outer side has leakage from the camouflage print.
    Why was this manufactured like this? as in inside out!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 05-17-2010 at 09:00 AM. Reason: added text for clarification

?

Default Re: Hungarian Camouflage Poncho WW2

Hi!

It's very nice! Italian manufactured 38M poncho to Hungary. I think the leakage only technical, becousse the fabric.

Quote by Elnar View Post
    Hi!

It's very nice! Italian manufactured 38M poncho to Hungary. I think the leakage only technical, becousse the fabric.
    Thanks for your reply Elnar,

Is it Italian MFG? as the pattern is not the same, maybe the Italians made the print rolls? I have minimal information on this in general.

?

The Italian print rolls are different from the hungarian. I'm not expert, farly not, but here a very good reference site. In the definitely middle of the page You can see the exactly same pattern. Sorry, its hungarian. I'm hungarian, so I understand it; says: "38M ponchos manufactured in Italy too, for these manufactured from Italian Army raw material".
    Not common find. /any hungarian WWII stuff are not common, becouse it was banned things after the war/ Definitely not digged. Where finded You?

Quote by Elnar View Post
    The Italian print rolls are different from the hungarian. I'm not expert, farly not, but here a very good reference site. In the definitely middle of the page You can see the exactly same pattern. Sorry, its hungarian. I'm hungarian, so I understand it; says: "manufactured in Italy too, for these manufactured from Italian Army raw material".
    Not common find. /any hungarian WWII stuff are not common, becouse it was banned things after the war/
    Thank You Immensely for your link (visually) and I'm totally happy it's Hungarian and not Italian
    Best to You Mate

?

Hm.. I was too fast. The pattern is ok, but the shape of the sheets are not. It's probably Italian. On the linked page You can see, the Hungarian made of two rectangular and one triangular sheets. This made of only triangulars, if i clear see.
    Please post a lay down picture for it, examine the sheets' details

Quote by Elnar View Post
    Hm.. I was too fast. The pattern is ok, but the shape of the sheets are not. It's probably Italian. On the linked page You can see, the Hungarian made of two rectangular and one triangular sheets. This made of only triangulars, if i clear see.
    Here we go, hope these help me/us.
    It's not a shelter quarter.
    And again thanks for your input Elnar

Quote by Elnar View Post
    could it have been civilian modified?

?

100% not hungarian. No attachable straps, no pin holes, and different shape. I haven't any information about the Italian version, but it could that. Don't belive civilian mod. Too clear work. The pattern is italian. Any other thing is not sure.

Quote by Elnar View Post
    100% not hungarian. No attachable straps, no pin holes, and different shape. I haven't any information about the Italian version, but it could that. Don't belive civilian mod. Too clear work. The pattern is italian. Any other thing is not sure.
    Cheers Elnar,
    again another mystery for my collection.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast