Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Hungarian "small tank"

Article about: Just back from vacation, I'm looking for informations about this item. I got it on a flee-market in Austria. Obviously a Honved item (the seller offered it as "Italian"). The Hunga

Default Hungarian "small tank"

Just back from vacation, I'm looking for informations about this item. I got it on a flee-market in Austria.

Obviously a Honved item (the seller offered it as "Italian"). The Hungarian inscription translates to "smal tank", and that is what this smal crate (27x20x12 cm) contains. Second picture shows the maker mark on the lid.

The 7M might refer to the liquid to be stored in the tank, but what was it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hungarian "small tank"   Hungarian "small tank"  

Default Re: Hungarian "small tank"

Hi

tartály means tank u r right, but in this case it means like little fuel tank, not the vehicle. I hope this helps a bit but I do not know what 7M stands, most probably Minta wich would be "Pattern 7" but I'm not sure.
    regards

I know the Hungarians didn't use them but, could it be a reference to a BT-7M?

From the maker mark on the the lid, my first guess is still that this is a container for paraffin oil for lamps...

?

Quote by Auseklis View Post
    The 7M might refer to the liquid to be stored in the tank, but what was it?
    Its a lubrication oil container for the 7/31M Schwarzlose machine gun. "7M" means: pattern (190)7. Its for 4 kg oil. This machine gun was used by the Home Defense Forces, in WWI (7M) and II too (modernised in 1931, which means 7/31M), but from the style of the text (twisted "7", assymertic "S"), I guess its an WWI item.

Thanks Elnar.