Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ID on a photo

Article about: Hello everyone, First off, not sure if this the right place for this thread, so I apologize if it isn't. Anyway, today im sharing with all of you a photo i recently found of my great uncle,

?

Default ID on a photo

Hello everyone,

First off, not sure if this the right place for this thread, so I apologize if it isn't.

Anyway, today im sharing with all of you a photo i recently found of my great uncle, Dominico Rubino. I know nothing about this photo, except that im pretty sure its WWII era. Could anyone provide any info on this (rank, possible unit, etc) I know there is not much to look at on his uniform, but any info is greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID on a photo  

MAP
    ?

We can wait for some with more experience but I do not think we can tell his rank from these pictures except that he was "other ranks" (not officer). Also being in black and white it is difficult to determine the color of the piping of the collar tabs.

That said, I would take a stab and guess that this could be black with gold/yellow piping which would be for Army Artillery.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ar_Patches.png

Note: The chart is not WW2 era but I'm going on the assumption that they are the same.

The second image in this link is being billed as WW2. I can't confirm.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item...r-tabs-5-pairs

Did not post the images directly as I'm not sure if they are copyrighted.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

MAP,

I am aware that there is virtually nothing to go off of, so thank you for those sites.Better than nothing haha. Its all new info to me anyway

Michael

MAP
    ?

I'm sure others with more knowledge of the Italian military will be around to provide more help. Good luck
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Your uncle in this photo wears the wartime M1940 tunic, he is an other ranks (ie and enlisted man). He wears the single star Artillery collar tab and tress, he has no services awards or campaign ribbons so it is quite likely he was not part of the prewar army, most likely drafted in the "8 Million Bayonets" national draft after 1939.

Morris

?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Your uncle in this photo wears the wartime M1940 turnic, he is an other ranks (ie and enlisted man). He wears the single star Artillery collar tab and tress, he has no services awards or campaign ribbons so it is quite likely he was not part of the prewar army, most likely drafted in the "8 Million Bayonets" national draft after 1939.

Morris
    Wow, Thank you for all the info. I do know that he was taken prisoner by the germans at some point. Unfortunately he did not speak english very well and passed away when i was very young so i was never able to ask him about his wartime expirence.

Quote by Bodey View Post
    Wow, Thank you for all the info. I do know that he was taken prisoner by the germans at some point. Unfortunately he did not speak english very well and passed away when i was very young so i was never able to ask him about his wartime expirence.
    This would have most likely been after September 8 1943 when Italy surrendered and the Germans disarmed and imprisoned large sections of the Italian army which possibly would have surrendered or sided with the allies.

If you have his:
    name surname
    date of birth
    city of Birth

you can ask a "foglio matricolare" and have his military history.
    (like your uncle also my english is very bad )

you can ask his "foglio matricolare" and have his military history. The Archives are often complete but is not always confirmed.

?

Quote by Passo Stanco View Post
    If you have his:
    name surname
    date of birth
    city of Birth

you can ask a "foglio matricolare" and have his military history.
    (like your uncle also my english is very bad )

you can ask his "foglio matricolare" and have his military history. The Archives are often complete but is not always confirmed.
    I did not know about this but i will definitely look into it. Thank you!

ok if you need an help you can give me name, surname, etc, and I can ask to the local archive in Italy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast