Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Identification of unknown cloth eagle (possibly Italian)

Article about: Some more photos of the unknown eagle:

?

Some more photos of the unknown eagle:

Identification of unknown cloth eagle (possibly Italian)Identification of unknown cloth eagle (possibly Italian)

?

I'm just putting this up to the top in case someone comes by who knows. I've looked into all the possible leads and found nothing. From the looks of the patch, I'd say it's around the WWI era, or a bit earlier.

?

In my opinion it's a hat badge and not a breast badge.

Looks like some italian hat bullion badges... Hard to find!

?

Quote by Waban View Post
    In my opinion it's a hat badge and not a breast badge.

Looks like some italian hat bullion badges... Hard to find!
    Thanks, Waban! The design does look Italian, which lead me to pursue a possible Libyan connection, but all my research has been in vain. Whatever it is, it's certainly hard to find!

It is sure that it is not italian, i never saw before, all italian eagles from 1922 to 1945 has fascio with eagle. Before fascism eagles has a cross in the center like insignia savoia family

?

Quote by lupodelnord View Post
    It is sure that it is not italian, i never saw before, all italian eagles from 1922 to 1945 has fascio with eagle. Before fascism eagles has a cross in the center like insignia savoia family
    Thanks for the thoughts, and welcome to the forum!

I was thinking that the patch could be Libyan, from the Italian colonization era. It seems to most closely match those of the Regia Marina, so maybe Libyan Navy?

Quote by Erno View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts, and welcome to the forum!

I was thinking that the patch could be Libyan, from the Italian colonization era. It seems to most closely match those of the Regia Marina, so maybe Libyan Navy?
    thanks for welcome,
    all is possible but for that i know also libyan volunteers weared a badge with 'fascio' (http://worthopedia.s3.amazonaws.com/...b436e8614a.jpg)
    I 'll post the eagle in a italian forum and try to discover something

?

thanks for welcome,
    all is possible but for that i know also libyan volunteers weared a badge with 'fascio' (http://worthopedia.s3.amazonaws.com/...b436e8614a.jpg)
    I 'll post the eagle in a italian forum and try to discover something
    Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate your efforts. This badge is very puzzling.

Thumbs up

this is typically fascist eagle used until 1945.

Now after posted on italian forum, i can say for sure that is not an italian badge.
    It' probably hand made fron 1920 until 1945, a friends found of badge is tryng to search something about the its origin.
    the key to discover the 'mistery' probably stay in the center of the eagled, where a plant is represented, many african nations have a plant as national symbol.
    i'll give you news as soon as possible

?

this is typically fascist eagle used until 1945.

Now after posted on italian forum, i can say for sure that is not an italian badge.
    It' probably hand made fron 1920 until 1945, a friends found of badge is tryng to search something about the its origin.
    the key to discover the 'mistery' probably stay in the center of the eagled, where a plant is represented, many african nations have a plant as national symbol.
    i'll give you news as soon as possible
    Thank you again for the help with this! I also believe that the shield on the eagle might be an important clue. The vertical 'rods' on either side resemble the Pillars of Hercules.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2