MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Army Officer Uniform M34

Article about: Good morning Gentlemen, I wanted to share with you this my M34 Italian Officer uniform, it is the winter version in diagonally wool cloth, belonged to a Captain of the 213th Infantry Regimen

Default Italian Army Officer Uniform M34

Good morning Gentlemen,
    I wanted to share with you this my M34 Italian Officer uniform, it is the winter version in diagonally wool cloth, belonged to a Captain of the 213th Infantry Regiment "Arno" of the Division "Gavinana II".
    The owner was a veteran of WW1, in fact he exhibits the ribbon from left to right indicate the following medals:
    Cross of War Merit
    Italy-Austria Campaign (3 star for 3 years)
    Medal Italy Unity
    The Div. Gavinana II, based in Florence, was formed in 1935 and discharged in 1936; its function was to replace on the Italian national territory her twin Div. "Gavinana I", who he was engaged overseas during the "Eastern Africa Campaign".
    In normal use was dressed with Sam Brown belt, while in the ceremonial version were added to a series of accessories:
    -bandolier
    -blue band
    -sabre with pendants
    -metal epaulettes with Corps badges
    This example has the peaked cap, but could be replaced by the field cap or helmet, depending by conditions of use.
    In fact the regulations for the use of uniform M34 was very complex, it was composed of a series of versions supplied to each Officer and were dressed with different accessories based on the time of day or the event to which it was necessary to take part.
    There were the following versions:
    -Winter gray-green, (dressed with cavalry trousers or rights trousers, when used in free time).
    -summer white, by day
    -winter black, by evening.
    They could be turned into uniform ceremony by adding the expected accessories.
    At the beginning of the war the M34 was replaced by simplified variant M40, but M34 continued to be widely used during the conflict.
    I also added a particular garment of the "Regio Esercito": the "Spencer" in black cloth, a sporty alternative to the winter coat, to wear over his jacket, especially appreciated by Italian officers in the metropolitan use and although declared obsolete in 1938 it continued to be used for some years.
    This was the last version of Spencer, the first models were born in sec. XIX and were inspired by the aesthetic of the Hussars jacket of the Napoleonic period.
    When I can add other examples of this elegant uniform in my collection.

Thanks for looking!
    Roberto

Jacket and trousers
    Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34
    Peaked cap
    Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34
    Last edited by OldSteel; 10-16-2016 at 08:35 PM. Reason: add photo

Italian Army "Spencer"

Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34
    Last edited by OldSteel; 10-15-2016 at 04:50 PM. Reason: add photo

MAP
    ?

Roberto,

Great ensemble!!! Love the visor.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Accessories for Ceremonial Configuration
    from left to right:
    -bandolier
    -blue band
    -pendants for sabre
    -metal epaulettes with Corps badges

Boots
    Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34Italian Army Officer Uniform M34

Sam Brown belt
    Last edited by OldSteel; 10-15-2016 at 04:26 PM. Reason: add info

Quote by MAP View Post
    Roberto,

Great ensemble!!! Love the visor.
    Thanks Michael!
    when I have time I add the other, I have many interesting variations and all are complete and untouched; I found personally in many years of research.

See you soon
    Roberto