Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Badge need IDing!!! Please Help

Article about: Hey guys i was walking round my local carboot earlier when i saw a man selling militaria, i stood there for a while chatting to the guy when i saw this badge, i asked him how much he wanted

Default Italian Badge need IDing!!! Please Help

Hey guys i was walking round my local carboot earlier when i saw a man selling militaria, i stood there for a while chatting to the guy when i saw this badge, i asked him how much he wanted for it but he wasn't sure of the value or even what it was, so i told him i will try to find out for him, i think this may be a pre WW2 italian regimental cap badge due to the large pins on the back, i was just wondering if you guys know what it is and how much it may be worth?
    Thank you everybody for your time!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian Badge need IDing!!! Please Help   Italian Badge need IDing!!! Please Help  

Default Re: Italian Badge need IDing!!! Please Help

Italian stuff is not my area of expertise, but I would tentatively identify it as a Bersaglieri badge as worn on the parade hat and certain other headgear.

Here is one of these on a pith helmet: Italiano pith Helmet. - Comando Supremo

I cannot comment on the era, though, as these are still worn today. A contemporary example: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Sbzv-616IO...i+orsaresi.jpg
    Last edited by HPL2008; 09-04-2011 at 05:58 PM.

was it the guy in the red german beret?

if so run from his badges especially they are fake i enquired about that paticular badge as it is nice and is genuione and he said he was offered 25.00 but knew it was worth more but didnt know lol why display it then lol.He also said he had a ww2 para beret which was fairly recent issue with a copy parachute regiment kings crown badge.

Andreas has covered all the bases on this, it appears to me it is probably WW2, perhaps a vet bring back from N.Africa or the Italian campaign. I saw one of these go on a S.African auction website a few weeks back for 170 Rand, that's just under 15 quid to me or you.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.