MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Italian Captian Summer Visor Hat

Article about: Here is a WWII Italian Captains Summer Visor. Appears to be the early style (flat brim). Overall in excellent condition except for dirt and sweat. Always have a hard time identifying the Cre

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks! You just gave me another research project! :-)
    As you will can read, this regiment receive honor medals since 1860, in the indipendence war, in 1915-18 andin second war during the fights in russian front was almost destroyed.

Also your cap of camicie nere is beatiful, it should be a cap of centurione (captain) of 9^ Legione da Montagna "Cacciatori della Valtellina" (Sondrio) (9th mountain legion - border militia- Cacciatori of Valtellina, a mountain region between como and sondrio)

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Its Matt and it was San Marco dei cavoti.
    i didn't know it before , it seems a little beatiful place

MAP
    ?

Quote by lupodelnord View Post
    As you will can read, this regiment receive honor medals since 1860, in the indipendence war, in 1915-18 andin second war during the fights in russian front was almost destroyed.

Also your cap of camicie nere is beatiful, it should be a cap of centurione (captain) of 9^ Legione da Montagna "Cacciatori della Valtellina" (Sondrio) (9th mountain legion - border militia- Cacciatori of Valtellina, a mountain region between como and sondrio)
    Thanks. Will add to my database!

If your interested, you can view them in their original threads...Have learned alot since I originally posted them (and have gotten better at taking pictures.)

Next up..Italian Fascist Fez Modello 38 of the MVSN. Recognize the Rank

Italian 3rd regiment Bersaglieri cappello di feltro with "cover" (???)

WWII Italian Pith Helmet. Does anyone know what the + stands for?

Italian UNPA steel helmet. French or Italian??

Haven't gotten any replies on the UNPA helmet, so feel free to educate me more!

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

UNPA helmet is italian (unpa unione nazionale protezione antiaerea - national union antiaircraft protection). It was created in 1934 with volunteers and in 1940 with the war the unpa became an istitution.
    During 20's many adrians were painted black or green (to show they were not military helmet) and used by fireman.
    During the heavy bombardment on Italy, Unpa had and knew a great importance .
    Unpa did away with the end of social italian republic of Salò in the end of april 1945.

MAP
    ?

Thanks!!

Was not aware about the different colors. Very interesting. It's a really neat little helmet that I rarely see. Assume they are more common over in Italy.

Have another visor and marine helmet I will try to post when I return from traveling

Regards

Michael

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Italian Pith Helmet was sappers bersaglieri, the cross standed for training center or headquarter

ok , if you want to take a glance about different unpa helmet visit this Elmetto UNPA

MAP
    ?

Quote by lupodelnord View Post
    ok , if you want to take a glance about different unpa helmet visit this Elmetto UNPA
    Thanks! Will do!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3