Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Compass

Article about: I have this compass, which has been kindly id'd as italian in another post of the forum, likely WW2 issue, but have seen one recently listed as WW1 era, so i wondered if anyone was able to c

Default Italian Compass

I have this compass, which has been kindly id'd as italian in another post of the forum, likely WW2 issue, but have seen one recently listed as WW1 era, so i wondered if anyone was able to clear this up for me?
    many thanks in advance.
    Ed

Italian CompassItalian CompassItalian CompassItalian CompassItalian CompassItalian CompassItalian Compass

Hi Ed,
    I confirm that it is an Italian compass that was used during the WW2, along with other types, but this should be a model already in use during the WW1.
    In my opinion, among the compasses of Regio Esercito, this model is the most beautiful one, made with great care and excellent materials.
    Your example is very nice because it is full of strap and lanyard to put it around the neck.
    Below is an example in my collection, in version with the case to be attached to the belt.

Regards
    Roberto

Italian CompassItalian Compass
    Last edited by OldSteel; 09-21-2017 at 08:28 PM. Reason: add info

?

I got the same compass after my grandfather who served in Africa before and during WW2.

As I said, I believe this pattern was already used during the WW1.