Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian Flag

Article about: Hi all. Got this flag today from an army surplus store. I know this type was used from the middle of the 19th cent to 1946 but i'm having dfficulty judging its age. Can anyone help me out? C

Default Italian Flag

Hi all. Got this flag today from an army surplus store. I know this type was used from the middle of the 19th cent to 1946 but i'm having dfficulty judging its age. Can anyone help me out?

Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian Flag   Italian Flag  

Default Re: Italian Flag

It's a pre '46 Kingdom of Italy flag as you know, but it is not a battle flag. The battle ensign for the kingdom had the crown of Savoy over the shield of the same. I would say it's real and of the later period looking at the condition.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I really like it!!! i have a small pendant in the same flag style!
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian Flag  

Yeah, it was hung in the window for at least two months so thought I had better save it. Do you tink £20 was a fair price? I'm liking that pennant also, I guess off a vehicle?

Cheers.

I would have happily paid £20 for it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Not anywhere near my field but £20 smells like a bargain

Well my pendant cost me £26 off ebay and its about 30cm in length... I haven't seen one of these in a while and i would happily pay £20 for it as i would hang it on my wall, just what im looking for
    Thanks, Glen.

Great flags guys. I nearly bid on the pennant but forgot all about it. Grrrrrr!

Oh, well least its gone to a good home
    Thanks, Glen.

Hi all. I'm just bumping this thread as I have lived with this flag for a while and it doesn't fit in with my collection so am looking to re- home it. Just wondering if there is any interest out there? Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast