Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Italian Flag captured at Tobruk by Australians

Article about: for sure! that would have been a great grouping, very frustrating, somtimes you just come along at the wrong time or go to the swap meet on the wrong day.......story of my life

4md
    ?

Default Re: Italian Flag captured at Tobruk by Australians

for sure! that would have been a great grouping, very frustrating, somtimes you just come along at the wrong time or go to the swap meet on the wrong day.......story of my life

?

I only really got to know the bloke when I bought the Kreigs flag, so like you said just the timing was bad.....but he is going out of business in 6 months and he has a beaded Luft M40 with a white stripe round it......firefighters I think.....he wants 900 for it, but said he is going to be flogging stuff very shortly for any price he can get.....told him to hold it for me and he said he do a deal on it...... havent got a beaded helmt yet

4md
    ?

nice, would be great to see some some photos when and if you get it

?

Defo be posting that one.....I think I nearly have at least one example of every german helmet, excluding the civil and vulcanibre ones. though I do have one aluminium water firefighters parade helmet and two luftschutz.....

?

Great flag! Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Hi,
    Very nice flag and with provenance that makes a difference to, I like battle flags i have a few but would like some more. I have a good japanese one it,s on the forum and a nice Norwegian one from the serender of Akershus fortress, it was owned by the guy who took the serender
    Terje Rollem. and a nice falklands battle flag, with pic, Hope you get some more from the guy,
    before he closes up shop.
    dave.

?

Thanks panzer,

How do you display them, I'm thinking of getting this flag folded, in a frame with photos of the officer and a history.

Quote by qotd View Post
    Wow fantastic peice...I have one that was given to me years ago, the senior officer also bought back one of these as well as a double decal afrika korps M 35.

I think when someone tells you they found an item in a place, there has to be a little bit of trust that they are telling the truth, and also a lot of giving the benefit of the doubt. As long as you are happy ith your shield and the fact it has come from Tobruk, then there is no need to worry or doubt too much, just take it as it is.....

Lovely relic mate
    Thanks, I'm happy with it and the seller seemed an honest guy, he had 4 that he bought from a regular supplier of dug relics. I saw one of the others, a tri colour shield still attached to part of the helmet. That is a great flag, shame you did not get the helmet as well! It would be good if you can post any more info or pics, great stuff to see.

Regards,

Jerry

My Dad was in Tobruk during the war, though I'm not sure if he was inside during the siege.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Congrats on a wonderful find , and a fantastic piece of history . Opportunities are rare to come across items with this kind of provenance
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

thanks for sharing.great flags and photos

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast