Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Greatcoat

Article about: Hello everyone, I have recently won an auction on an Italian militaria coat and I would like everyone's opinion on this coat regarding the era in which it comes from. I have already taken an

Default Italian Greatcoat

Hello everyone,

I have recently won an auction on an Italian militaria coat and I would like everyone's opinion on this coat regarding the era in which it comes from. I have already taken an expert opinion on the matter, that agreed with my thoughts that the coat itself does not come from a WW2 era but from later on, aside from the ranking engraved on it, although even in the ranking there are some issues in terms of compatability. I would like to thank you in advance for taking your time on this. Im attaching the pictures below. Italian GreatcoatItalian GreatcoatItalian GreatcoatItalian GreatcoatItalian GreatcoatItalian Greatcoat

Best Wishes,
    Terry

?

Are the collar tabs bullion? Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

What colour is it? Kaki like the first and the others pics or gray-green like the second one?

It is kaki, it was the lightening that affected the second photo!

kaki was in use only after WWII.

Thats an italian officer coat, postwar pattern, from the 70's i would say, for a Colonel with commander task, of paratroopers!
    Just a couple of strange thing, the buttons are for Bersaglieri unit, but the collar tabs are for Paratroopers!
    Its not normal, but who knows, maybe the collar tabs were added later, or maybe a Colonel could have done it anyway..

Quote by MementoMori View Post
    ... maybe the collar tabs were added later, or maybe a Colonel could have done it anyway..
    Or, maybe, were added by someone that wanted to add value to a worthless coat.