Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian Helmet?

Article about: Hello guys, Recently i bought a helmet from a guy i have bought from before. I ordered an Italian TR helmet with decal on it. Obviously this is not that helmet, but it is the helmet i got My

?

Default Italian Helmet?

Hello guys,

Recently i bought a helmet from a guy i have bought from before. I ordered an Italian TR helmet with decal on it. Obviously this is not that helmet, but it is the helmet i got My question is, what kind of helmet did he sent me? I can see it must be a Soviet helmet of some kind, but i have no idea of what period this helmet is from, or country of origin. I can't find any ink stamps. On the liner band there is a stamp "PMM 58", size 58. Rear skirt is stamped "M 92".

Thank you for your time and help.

Regards, Lars

Italian Helmet? Italian Helmet?

Italian Helmet?
    Last edited by Datrus; 05-05-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Default Re: My Soviet/Eastern block Helmet

No that's an Italian helmet and liner Lars. It looks ww2 vintage but I know there are some check that will confirm that. Don't know them myself, don't have an Italian helmet,lol

Jason

?

Well. He had a Italian helmet with decal on and it's not this one. It looks very Soviet to me. The 3 rivets in the liner looks Soviet too but they are a little different and it made me think "what the hell is this for a lid". It looks almost identical to the Soviet SSh helmets. It's a good day when one learns something new

?

This is indeed an italian helmet but I believe this is postwar I was told that most ww2 italian helmets have leather straps

?

Thank you for the answers guys. Maybe i will need to post a new thread. I seems this helmet does not belong here

This is an Italian M33....

?

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    This is an Italian M33....
    Thanks a lot MSD

Yes, it is post war. From my research (on this forum) here are the trademarks of postwar and WWII:
    Postwar- the ends of the liner (the fingers all connected by that band) have grommets
    the chinstrap is canvas and not leather
    the bales (connecting the chinstrap to helmet) are trapezoid in shape, as opposed to rectangular ones
    the stitching on the liner is in a "Z" shape
    and the vents on the shell protrude more and are larger than WWII helmets
    Hope this helps. (by the way, I am no expert!)

The wartime M33 I have is more of a bluey/grey green but that's a nice helmet, nevertheless.

Regards

Martin

Morning to all,
    I confirm that it is a post-war Italian M33 / 47 helmet, used until the early 90s.
    If it can help you find here some information and differences between the post-war models.

Italian M33 helmet-1947-90

Regards
    Roberto
    Last edited by OldSteel; 12-08-2017 at 09:48 AM. Reason: add info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast